Discussion Board

Lots of include paths in Carbide express 1.1

I have noticed that there are lots of include paths being genereated by the carbide express 1.1 app generator. as far as I can see, most of these paths do not include anything related to Symbian OS, and there are also paths that do not exist in the SDK itself, which means that an error is generated when compiling the app.

An example of the first path can be seen in the C/C++ projects tab under the Includes header. Folders starting at drive:/program files/Nokia/Carbide.c++/ appear to be Standard C++ include files, which Symbian OS do not need. There are also things like alloca.h

An example of the second category are paths in the current Symbian SDK, in particular <SDK>/epoc32/include/oem.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Lots of include paths in Carbide express 1.1

I don't see any include paths pointing under "drive:/program files/Nokia/Carbide.c++/" in any of the templates.

There might be an epoc32\include\oem path in some of the templates for S60 3rd so that those templates will work with licensee kits which contain that folder.

Tim

Re: Lots of include paths in Carbide express 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by timm-ah
    I don't see any include paths pointing under "drive:/program files/Nokia/Carbide.c++/" in any of the templates.
    Something is generating them. Maybe they are always generated, irrespective of the template.

There might be an epoc32\include\oem path in some of the templates for S60 3rd so that those templates will work with licensee kits which contain that folder.

Tim
    Ok, but if the folder doesn't exist, the generated project will not compile. So this should be optional.

Sander van der Wal