Discussion Board

Nokia 5300 Music Player

Hi, If I transfer music on to my Nokia 5300's Micro SD card using Nokia Suite, the tracks all appear ok in the correct order etc.

When I come to play them in Music Player, they seem to play at random!Please note that 'random play' is turned off, so this is not the cause.

Any ideas how I can configur the music player to play in the same order as they appear on the memory card?

Thanks in advance .............. TeeEff.

Re: Nokia 5300 Music Player

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEff View Post
    Hi, If I transfer music on to my Nokia 5300's Micro SD card using Nokia Suite, the tracks all appear ok in the correct order etc.

When I come to play them in Music Player, they seem to play at random!Please note that 'random play' is turned off, so this is not the cause.

Any ideas how I can configur the music player to play in the same order as they appear on the memory card?

Thanks in advance .............. TeeEff.
    How do you want your music tracks in phone ? Those can be sorted on different grounds like file names(by default),artist names,album names,genres. Use this thing to sort your songs on phone.

Hello,

Can i download the Nokia 5300 Music Player and reinstall it on my Nokia 5300? I ask this because the actual music player in my phone is completely screwed up!!! It just shows this one song which isnt in the memory and doesnt pick up the dozens of other songs which are actually in there! when update the music library, it goes to 100% and then says 'no music files were found'. But when i actually look at the albums and artists etc. in the library, its all filled up correctly. Then again, when i try playing them... the music player cant find em, even though the library knows its all there :S

So, i figure the software is simply screwed up and either need to get an update or reinstall it! I HAVE installed the latest Nokia 5300 software update v5 already! Also, my phones been working perfectly fine for quite some time now... i guess somthing just happened while transfering the data etc.

Any ideas???

Regards
    fahmad1594

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Nokia 5300 Music Player

Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

I think its a inbuilt problem with the phone.