Discussion Board

Communicator 9210 and XW

Can't do a synchro between my 9210 and Toshiba notebook (which runs under XP). Get always the comment "
    Task Scheduler synchronisation

Contacts problem (link to the device)
    There was an error reading the contact data

Synchronisation completed.
    0 entries have been updated."

Can anybody help? please reply to
    dirk.haarhaus@hartrodt.com.sg

Thanks

RE: Communicator 9210 and XW

I exactly have the same problem with the 9210i since I upgraded to PC Suite 1.51. No way to synchronise Contacts anymore. The PC is a Toshiba Tecra running Win2K Pro. Did anyone find a solution yet ?

Hi there,

Exactly the same problem! Seems to be a common issue.

Has anyone managed to find a 3rd party solution? Frankly, I would be happy to pay for it to work!

Regards

CD

email: cdewell@emirates.net.ae

I am using 9210 without the i, and running WinXP. No problems until I updated my Windows to SP1. The contacts sync just stop working as described above, so I try upgrading to PC Suite 1.51. Same problem.

I been going through the forum, and it seems there is quite a few postings on this problem already and not a solution in sight. When is Nokia going to post an answer?

Which version of software are you using?

Gents, first of all if you have upgraded your pc to 1.51 you'l have to take the phone for a software upgrade, the reason is that the software doesn't recognise the phone software that causes it to loose some connection details. if the phone is still under warranty you could do the upgrade for free.
    Secondly if you do not want to get it upgraded remove the nokia software from the desktop, laptop whatever you have (both versions of software, delete all the folders from the program files dirs then do a complete installation of the software, make sure that the PC automaticly sees on which port the Phone is connected, DO NOT force it to connect, if it doesn't see it first time try again till it can see it.
    Good Luck,
    Grant, the Ninja, Barnard