Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writing modules

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Writing modules

Ok. I installed it this problem went away
    What a relief. I think we see some light at the end of the tunnel...

WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path
    <Python.h>
    Do you have the Python SDK installed? If not, download and install PythonForS60_1_3_15_SDK_3rdEd_selfsigned.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pys60.

In file included from ..//..//..//..//S60_3rd_MR//EPOC32//include//apache//httpd//srclib//apr//include/apr.h:52,
    from ..\\httpd\\httpd-2.0\\server\\Main.c:17:
    ..//..//..//..//S60_3rd_MR//EPOC32//include/e32def.h:2769: error: initializer element is not constant
    Hmm, I'm sure this was documented at some point, but now that I checked, it isn't mentioned anywhere. Anyway, there's actually a bug in e32def.h. On line 2769, replace the line
    Code:
    static const char* const KSuppressPlatSecDiagnostic = KSuppressPlatSecDiagnosticMagicValue;
    with
    Code:
    #if defined(__cplusplus)
    static const char* const KSuppressPlatSecDiagnostic = KSuppressPlatSecDiagnosticMagicValue;
    #endif
    That should do the trick.

Almost there!

With the MR, the installation of Python, and the edit to e32def.h racoon now compiles.

So now I'm trying to compile the mod you supplied and I am having some (hopefully minor) problems.

First a question. Item 4 for the readme says:
    4) In group/mod_symbian_example.mmp and install/mod_symbian_example.pkg
    replace MY_PERSONAL_UID with one uid from the ones you have
    allocated for yourself.
    I can't find MY_PERSONAL_UID in either of the files. Is this the 2nd UID (the one those files have as 0xE1111111)?

Unfortunatly createsis fails but I think the problem really might be with abld.
    Buildmake and abld don't give any errors however sholdn't abld result in a compile dll? If its there I can't find it. Here is the output:
    Code:
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group>bldmake bldfiles

C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group>abld -v build gcce urel
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT
    Nothing to do
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE
    perl -S makmake.pl  -D \Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE GCCE
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\GCCE.make" LIBRARY
    make   -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE\GCCE\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE.GCCE" LIBRARY
    make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3R~2/MOD_SY~1/group'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `LIBRARY'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3R~2/MOD_SY~1/group'
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL
    make   -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE\GCCE\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE.GCCE" RESOURCEUREL
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `RESOURCEUREL'.
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=UREL
    make   -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE\GCCE\MOD_SYMBIAN_EXAMPLE.GCCE" UREL
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `UREL'.
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\group\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UREL
    Here is what createsis gives me:
    Code:
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3R~2\MOD_SY~1\install>createsis create -key myKey.key -cert myCert.cer -pass MYPASS mod_symbian_example.pkg
    Processing mod_symbian_example.pkg...
    mod_symbian_example.pkg(1) : error: unknown line
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "mod_symbian_example.pkg"
    So close (*sigh*),

Eitan

Buildmake and abld don't give any errors however sholdn't abld result in a compile dll? If its there I can't find it.
    Scratch that. I found the .so file in C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL.

I still can't get makesis to work

Eitan

Nokia Developer Expert

With the MR, the installation of Python, and the edit to e32def.h racoon now compiles.
    Cool!
    I can't find MY_PERSONAL_UID in either of the files. Is this the 2nd UID (the one those files have as 0xE1111111)?
    Hmm, I just downloaded the zip and MY_PERSONAL_UID is present in both the mmp and the pkg file. Anyway, it's the second uid of the UID statement (line 27) in the mmp file, and the second item of the package header (line 22) in the pkg file.
    I still can't get makesis to work
    Sorry, my mistake. Please remove the C-comments, containing the Apache boiler-plate license text, from the pkg-file. That is, all the lines from the beginning up to the
    Code:
    ; Languages
    line.

Incidentally, don't be confused by the fact that the file is installed to \sys\bin, yet README.TXT instructs you to add the line
    Code:
    LoadModule symbian_example_module modules/mod_symbian_example.so
    to your httpd.conf. On S60v3 all binaries must be installed to \sys\bin but in order to allow copy/pasting of LoadModule statements from other environments I decided to allow any number of path components that simply are going to be ignored. So, you can strip modules/ away or just leave it there.

Ok it all compiles (and installs) but Racoon won't let me load modules. My guess is that module_so left out when Racoon 0.8 was compiled.

Here is the error message I get when I try to start Raccon:
    Code:
    Syntax error on line 334 of /apache/conf/http.conf:
    Invalid command 'LoadModule' perhapse nis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.
    Console closed - press any key_
    I'm pretty sure it says "nis-spelled" but its hard to read on the screen.

Anyway - does this mean I'm stuck? I think you said that something is wrong with the gcce compiler so I can't use a re-compiled version of racoon and the released version doesn't support loading modules.

Thanks for all your help,

Eitan

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by redfoodegm
    Anyway - does this mean I'm stuck? I think you said that something is wrong with the gcce compiler so I can't use a re-compiled version of racoon and the released version doesn't support loading modules.
    Are you sure you are running version 0.8 of Raccoon. Namely, in that version no modules (apart from mod_so) are built into the binary, but everything is loaded dynamically. There should be quite a few LoadModule statements in httpd.conf.

Johan

It works! (I think).

Unfortunately the gateway I've been using is down (and the admin is not around to fix it) so I can't really test it. So no remote browsing and Symbian's web browser doesn't seem to like hitting localhost. Fortunately, I had a test app I wrote lying around that gets back HTTP response headers (from localhost) and it looks like the module is working but I can't see the body to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn
    Are you sure you are running version 0.8 of Raccoon.
    That was my fault (again). I was testing no the wrong dev phone (which had 0.6 installed).

Thanks for all your help - you really went above and beyond!

Eitan

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by redfoodegm
    It works! (I think).
    Cool!

... Symbian's web browser doesn't seem to like hitting localhost.
    No, it seems that the idea that someone would browse to a webserver on the device itself is still a bit radical But browsing to 127.0.0.1 does work.

Johan