Discussion Board

Changing VoIP SIP Settings on SymbianC++ Programmatically

Hi There. I have tested the Internet call on Nokia SIP VoIP for E61 and N80 on Asterisk server and it works fine. I want to know now if there's a public API to change the SIP settings dynamically through a Symbian C++ application. I checked the SDK 3rd Edition MR1.1 and FP1 1.0 and I found CSIPProfile::SetConcreteProfile. Anybody knows what this method for?
    I can't find any reference to CSIPConcreteProfile. Also, there is a CSIPProfile::GetParameter but has no CSIPProfile::SetParameter which I expected. I'm thinking to link this class to CSIPProfileRegistryBase::AddProfileL(CSIPProfile& aProfile)
    and CSIPProfileRegistryBase::UpdateProfileL(CSIPProfile& aProfile) after setting the parameters of CSIPProfile.

I heard that there is an approach by using OMA DM SyncML but I can't find an API to use it on Symbian 3rd Ed. app or it is just through OTA or SMS by the operator? I want to do just like the Gizmo SIP settings wizard on N80. Do they use a public API or a proprietary one from Nokia? Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Changing VoIP SIP Settings on SymbianC++ Programmatically

I don't have information about CSIPConcreteProfile to give a quick answer. If I find something, I will update here.

However it is not enough to setup VoIP by using SIP profile API alone. VoIP client also needs VoIP profile, NAT, WLAN, and etc settings. Some of these cannot be set with public APIs, e.g. VoIP profile and NAT. The best way is to use OMA DM. OMA DM is through OTA.

Gizmo SIP settings wizard uses a VoIP plugin for settings. The plugin framework is plan to be open to public, but not currently.

I learn all this by watching the webcast on "How To Provision Nokia VoIP Client"
    http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia...Nov06.wmv.html

Also there are many documents about VoIP OMA DM on this page:
    http://forum.nokia.com/main/resource...voice_over_IP/

Good luck

Thanks so much wmseto. I'll try the OMA DM provisioning first while waiting for the public SIP settings API. Cheers

Dear wmseto

can you tell me how can i set VoIP settings using my symbian public sdk. what the capability and library i need to use for that.

i just want to make a program to end user so that they are able to do edit delete and create VoIP settings with the application.

i can set GPRS access point should i do it in the same way?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Hi,
    all

did you solve your problem?
    can you help me on the same topic?

Nokia Developer Expert

I have tested the Internet call on Nokia SIP VoIP for E61 and N80 on Asterisk server and it works fine. I want to know now if there's a public API to change the SIP settings dynamically through a Symbian C++ application.
    There is an internal API to programmatically to provision the Nokia Internet Telephony client. This method is substituting method for sending the over-the-air OMA DM message and for creating a SISX configuration file. Such a configuration wizard for the Nokia internet telephony client is at least available from www.truphone.com.

If you want to apply access to private API, please register to Forum Nokia eStore and submit a private API request. Investigation fee is approx 200 USD.

Had quality/codecs problems until I used this one http://www.voipsipsdk.com