Discussion Board

Lightbulb Improving Series 40

Hello,

recently I bought my first Nokia phone, the 6233 model. After eight years of using S***mens phones, I'm on the one hand impressed by the high quality of the hardware, on the other hand I just miss functions of which I thought they would be standard.

For example rotating images in the image editor. I read this works in Series 60 models but why not in Series 40? I think this is really important because installing a 2.0MP camera without appropriate software is worse than installing no camera at all.

Another point is the bug which occurs when you sort your addresses by the last name. Everytime I restart the phone, the addresses are sorted by the first name although settings show that they are sorted vice versa.

A nice feature would be if I could send multiple entries of the adress book to other phones. It really makes one crazy to send 10 vcards one after another by hand...

My last point is another feature request. I think it would be very handy to have the ability to send my own vcard. There is an item in the menu where I can see my own numbers. Cool, that I didn't have to input them by hand and that the phone somewhat even recognized the area codes. But why can't I send them to another phone? Even more cool would it be if the phone created a vcard out of this numbers which can be edited and sent via BT/IR/...

I really like nokia phones and always was a little bit envious of the speed at which applications start and are executed, and of course of the hardware quality. But in my opinion Series 40 lacks some usability. What do you think?

Yours
    sheepattack
    فنان سات - جوالك- الكمبيوتر الكفي - جوال العرب- موبايل العرب- سمبيان ثري دي- منتديات سوني اريكسون- منتديات بلاك بيري العرب- ايفون للعرب - عالمي - نوكيا السعودية - حلا نوكيا - قو نوكيا- نوكيا الشرق الاوسط- عرب نوكيا
    Last edited by sheepattack; 2010-01-04 at 06:48.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Improving Series 40

I'm afraid that you have came to the wrong place to voice your comments.

This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for hardware or end user application support. Howevr there are some localized Nokia product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your thoughts there you may get a response.

Ron