Discussion Board

activate backlight on screensaver with a special key for reading the clock

Hi,
    i've got a new S60series-Handy (Nokia N73 music edition) and I installed the program "handy clock" to use an automatic keylock, but i've got a problem:

if the keys are locked, the screen is to dark to read the clock. either i've got to push the on-/off-button to activate the backlight (but then the screensaver goes off) or to unlock the keys.

on my old SE K700i you could push the button (the "rocker"!? - the button to zoom) on the side of the handy and the backlight shortly goes on to read the clock.

Now I'm searching for a prog or an app with the following functions:

- when the screensaver is on and the keys are locked i push a button (e.g. the "zoom" on the side) and the backlight goes on for just a few seconds (maybe about 5) WITHOUT deactivating the screensaver.
    - if i push any other button the display should stay dark - just as it is now...

i would be very thankfull if anybody helps me!!! and be shure, it's not just me!

regards
    stefan

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: activate backlight on screensaver with a special key for reading the clock

I'm afraid that you have came to the wrong place, this discussion board is only for Developers support, not for hardware or end user application support. There are some localized Nokia support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get some help.

Ron

Re: activate backlight on screensaver with a special key for reading the clock

Hi Ron!
    thanks for your answer and the link inside!

Maybe this is the wrong place but i thought that everybody here is interested in programming usefull applications...and as far as i now such an application doesn't exist yet. i also asked in a german for a program like that and a lot of other users also wrote that they are searching for something like that...

if anybody is interested in developing an application like that please contact me at styleminister@web.de

thanks a lot
    regards
    Stefan
    Last edited by styleminister; 2006-12-18 at 17:19.