Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About themes for Nokia 5300

Hello all,
    i tried to install a couple of themes on my Nokia 5300 and the aspect is not the same as in the pictures seen on the forum. There is a blue bar on top and at the bottom of the screen. I wonder if is there anything that i'm doing wrong ??
    Thank you.

Smile Re: About themes for Nokia 5300

Hello,
    Well, I have same problem with 7373, but I think that it have some connection with phone software version (service pack+version) and Theme studio version in wich theme has been created, because i've tried some themes that work properly, witout blue bars.
    Anyway, please note me u get some solution of this problem.

thx

Re: About themes for Nokia 5300

The reason for that blue bar could be that themes that you've tried to install were made using the old S40 theme studio.

You could try to download and install Shoutout's themes. All his themes with 2.2 in either themes title or description wouldn't show any blue bar.

Thumbs up Re: About themes for Nokia 5300

I send a theme create for 128x160 pixeles resolution you e-mail, I create themes in nokia development tools (nokia theme S40editor) is cool
    KG

Try to create a gif image 1x1px and apply into the theme (Nokia theme studio S40 - Idle - Background idle status area).Example: with Garfield theme (thanks to author of this theme):

Last edited by yanci; 2007-02-11 at 22:07.

Sorry..but can you teach me how to create a gif image 1x1px? or can u send it to me please...i will really appreciate your help..thank a lot...

How:
    open any picture in editor - recommend XnView, next: Image - Resize - Width 1px, Heighth 1px - File - Save as - type GIF - save - enjoy

Where:

http://up-file.com/download/ec8346174461/top.gif.html -----uploaded 9. jan. 07, available cca 30 days, click "Download Link"

or

http://www.filefactory.com/file/d2c464/ --------uploaded 9. jan.07, available cca 7 days, click: "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" and then: "Click here to begin your download"

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the solution of the "blue bar" in the themes for the Nokia 5300. I've just edited an old theme with Theme Studio 2.2 and i've removed the blue bar. Now I have a small question: is it possible to change the color of the background of the scrolling bar? In my theme the background is blue (see picture) and I would like to change it to black but I can't find the option in Theme Studio 2.2. Anyone of you has already tried?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Sorry but I did exactly what you wrote, but I get a big square in the top of the screen and another one small in the bottom, can u share me your top.gif????

See my previous post (2007-01-09, 23:12 ), top. gif is shared (filefactory and up-file server)

I also tried this first with a home made 1x1 GIF, and had the same issue as paketyn. Turns out that the missing bit of information was that the 1x1 GIF should be *transparent*.

it also works with the top.gif attached earlier by yanci

Hi everybody

This might sound daft but I cant get it done for some reason. Tried to do a theme for my 7373 and did all what has been said in that thread with the 1x1 gif but its still visible also I dont seem to be able to get rid of the bar as I cant find the bit to make it *transparent* can anyone help me through step by step...that would be awesome many thanks in advance!

Also my .nth theme files I've created are always huge so they slow down my fone and sometimes my phone does not even accept them, though I have a 1GB memory card in me mobile. Is there any trick to get them under 1MB?

Jules
    Last edited by all3craigs; 2007-02-16 at 09:47.

I use XnView but cant get the .gif *transparent* how do I do that?

Manual :-) for you (XnView):

1. Open image, in this case *.jpg

2. Save the picture

3. Choose image type - gif

4. Click Options button under the Image type button and sign "Set the transparency value to palette entry"

5. Then click OK, Save, ignore metadata loss information(OK), color palette OK

Small images?Just click!

Thanks a million mate will try again!!!