Discussion Board

How to clear logfile for App. Manager N73

Hello, I have noticed that many people have problems with themes installation for Nokia N73, I've experienced the same problems but I managed to uninstall those themes by deleting them from the memory card using my phone as "Mass Storage" device, but the themes remain on the log in App.Manager and if you try to reinstall them you get the message "unable to install file".I was wondering is there a way to clear the log so that the theme can be reinstalled? I have installed a file browser (Y-Browser) but I cannot manage to find the logfile...any suggestions???
    Thanks!

Re: How to clear logfile for App. Manager N73

Has anyone made any progress with this issue at all?? I'm desperate to be able to re-install a theme but my phone log thinks it is still installed so it won't finish the installation successfully. HELP!

Many thanks,
    Duv

HI FACING THE SAME PROBLEM NOT ABLE TO DELETE OR CLEAR THE LOG IN APP MANAGER HENCE IAM NOT ABLE TO INSTALL THE THEME THAT I HAD BEFORE .....PLEASE HELP....

CHEERS...

same problems..I can install 16 themes on memory card after my device doesn't show in themes the others..the only way I found is to save 16 themes and make a hard reset of the device,so I can erase the logfile and save 16 more etc..but it's very uncomfortable!!!!is there any other solutions?or is there anybody that can inform where is the logfile in the device memory to avoid such a waste of time in formatting??thanks in advance

Thumbs up Re: How to clear logfile for App. Manager N73

Hello Guys.
    I have a solution...
    I have struggled for days with the same issue, and even tried to delete the file through the mass storage option, but managed to delete some file that was needed for something else, and then had to 'revert back to factory settings' on the phone.
    The only way I see to get rid of the log file entries, is to reinstall the phone. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE FIRST.
    Download the "Nokia Software Updater" from Nokia.com. It will search for an available update and if it doesn't find one, will ask if you want to re-install. This WILL clear the log file. I've checked.
    Hope this helps.

i also have y-browser on my phone but i didn't manage to find the install.log file. Anyone can point me to the correct file or folder on y-browser which stores the install.log so i can clear the installation logs?