Discussion Board

Post Turn off "module pin request" in phone key store (on Nokia E70, Symbian S60 3rd Ed.)

Hi,

I'm using client certificates in PKCS#12 on a Nokia E70 (Symbian S60 3rd Edition) to authenticate against a mail server via SSL. This works perfectly.

But it's really annoying, because at every connection the phone asks me about me PIN to the phone key store for the certificates. I *HAVE* to enter a 6-digit-pin (123456 ;-).

When going to Settings -> Security -> Module PIN there is an option "Module PIN Request" which can be turned off:

«Module PIN request - Set the phone to request the module Personal Identification Number (PIN) when using services provided by the security module. Enter the code, and select "On". To disable the module PIN request, select "Off".» (http://europe.nokia.com/faqsearch/Sh...alse&cat=6&qt=)

But I CAN'T change this option at all.

Seems to be a bug or what? Asking everything about the PIN makes the whole system unusable!

Ideas welcome!

... Thomas

Re: Turn off "module pin request" in phone key store (on Nokia E70, Symbian S60 3rd E

Sorry, Thomas. No solution here yet.

I would gladly test/compare it on my new E61, alas my attempts to install a personal certificate so far failed.

How did you install yours? Any non-standard X509-extensions to be used in generation?

Regards
    Michael

Re: Turn off "module pin request" in phone key store (on Nokia E70, Symbian S60 3rd E

Hi all:

I have red thomas.witt's case, and I have the same problem four years later. Exactly the same problem but this time with a C6-00. In every connection I make to my e-mail server, the phone asks me the PIN... Annoying, as Thomas says, and it seems impossible to "turn off" the "module PIN request" option. Do you know if it is possible in some way now, that four years have passed since then?

Thanks a lot for your time, and best regards.

AEAT.