Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Cool Writing a test application: How to Capture and Simulate Key events for another appln?

Hi All,

I want to develop a testing application, which is should be:

Able to capture all the key events for my main application. i.e I should start my test app testApp.exe which should launch mainApp.exe. Then all the key press events should be captured by testApp.exe, (process it, may be record it) and send it to mainApp.exe.

I can use the above application to automate the testing process. Or is there any existing application, which can be generically used for above purpose?

Any ideas will be welcome.

regards,
    Bharat

Re: Writing a test application: How to Capture and Simulate Key events for another ap

There are method to find all the key presses even if your application is in background. I really not understanding why you want some other applications key presses.

If you want to pass some information from one app to other it's better go for P&S.

Regular Contributor

Re: Writing a test application: How to Capture and Simulate Key events for another appln?

hi
    bharath

there is application called ezfilemon.,its a freeware app this will be useful for ur req

bye
    N

Regular Contributor

Re: Writing a test application: How to Capture and Simulate Key events for another appln?

Hi,

My intent is that:

1) I launch my testApp.exe in the record mode. testApp will also launch mainApp.exe. Now all the key presses to mainApp.exe are trapped by testApp.exe and recorded into a file.

2) I launch testApp.exe in Play mode. Now it takes all the recorded items and offer them to the main application.

With this I can record all kinds of key presses I want for testing all features of my application and automate it.

regards,
    Bharat

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I tried installing EzFileMon.SIS on v3 phones. But not successful !

regards
    Bharat

Regular Contributor

its for 2nd edition fones.
    u can write this tool urself using

RWindowGroup
    CaptureKey()
    CancelCaptureKey()