Discussion Board

Is there a way to show battery level in a scale from 0 to 99% instead 7preset values?

I have a Nokia 6681, my brother a N90, and no application can show precise battery level like it was possible with Nokia 6600 and CellTrack 1.04.

All applications show 7 preset values only, i.e. 7, 14, 21, etc...

or

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 .

My doubt is if Python can, in some way, show precise values from 0 to 99 like what CellTrack 1.04 does in 6600

Thanks for any help

Re: Is there a way to show battery level in a scale from 0 to 99% instead 7preset values?

i'm quite sure it can't because os stores battery level only in 7 level scale so python can't be more accurate, you can transform this scale to % easly:
    curent level / max level * 100 but i think you know that

Re: Is there a way to show battery level in a scale from 0 to 99% instead 7preset values?

Thank you for your answer.

Are you sure the OS stores values in 7 levels only?
    I don't know that much about the OS, but i suppose there should be a way to get a precise value: the phone must know the exact amount of power, otherwise it wouldn't be able to show "Battery empty, Recharge battery" message when battery is almost empty.

And freeware application called "CellTrack" v 1.04 running in a Nokia 6600, can show battery level in a scale from 99(full) to 0(almost empty):
    the indicator is decreased by 1 as the battery is getting empty, from 99 to 0.

to 100% sure you should read some symbian os documentation. I have nokia 6670 and for example in FExplorer i also have 7 level scale (which is not a python app) so thats what system gives to apps. i've installed CellTrack 1.18 and it also don't show exact battery level. Battery level is this small bar in lower right corner right? it shows 100% but then it shows 86 % what is (6 in 7 level scale ) so it's not better than what python gives you.

I've brought a few screenshots taken from some applications that show battery level (running in my Nokia 6600), for you all to understand better the difference between CellTrack 1.04 and the others.First the scenario:

My battery was totally charged someday, at 1:30am.After that, i've turned the phone off.Then I've been using the phone normally since 10:00am.After 8 hours (approximatelly) using the phone, i've made all the screenshots you will see here.Logically, it's impossible the battery is completely full when screenshots were taken, as i've been using the phone for some hours.Here it goes:

Phone indicator:

shows the battery is completely full.

System Explorer v 1.80:

shows the battery has 100% of charge

Sys Info:

battery level is 7.In Sys Info's scale, it means the battery is full, cause the application only shows how many blocks the phone's indicator is currently displaying.

CellTrack v1.18:

the same as System Explorer, it shows the battery has 100% of charge.

CellTrack 1.04:

Thanks for your attention