Discussion Board

problem when importing from carbide c++ to vs 2003!

hello all,

i need to compile, build and generate sis from a project that was built on carbide c++ developers edition. i am generating a lot of errors. (example is java.util.EmptyStackException)

i have installed perl, java, etc as what was posted here somewhere when trying to build using vs 2003.

id like to ask:
    1) are there any known limitation when importing .mmp/.inf from carbide c++ to vs 2003?
    2) can you point me to at least the right direction coz i really need this to work out.
    3) is there any other way to compile, build or generate sis from carbide c++ to other sdk's? codewarior for example..just in case carbide c++ project will really break with vs 2003.

thanks.
    misfit - a square peg in a round hole.

Re: problem when importing from carbide c++ to vs 2003!

The same problem exists if you're importing a project based on CW also, that I knew. That's basically because of this line in the MMP file:

Code:
    #if defined(EKA2) || !defined(WINS)
    What I felt is Carbide.vs can't understand/parse the '||' characters. Is that the same issue with you? Then either modify the MMP file manually or create a dummy project using Carbide.vs for your specific SDK and replace the existing .cpp, .h files with yours and add those .cpp file names and necessary library in the new projects mmp file.

Super Contributor

win2ktalks could very well be correct, as Carbide.vs does not support #ifdefs in the .mmp file the syntax of those has not been very extensively tested. As Carbide.vs will behave in no way differently with #ifdefs in the file, you can just remove all of those for the import.

Other than that, Carbide.c++ and Carbide.vs use slightly different ways to handle resources: S60 3.0 .mifdef in .c++ is .miflist in .vs so after the import you should generate a .miflist in .vs. For pre-3.0, the same goes for .aifdef (this is from memory) in .c++ which is replaced by the aifdef statement in the .mmp file and .mbmdef that is replaced in .vs by the resource statement in the .mmp file.

Other than that I am not aware of other limitations..

hello,
    this is as far as ive gone using ur suggestion.
    would any1 help me understand this log?
    --------------------------

Command Lines Creating temporary file "c:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\Deb_S60_22_WINS\BAT000003.bat" with contents
    [
    @echo off
    RCMake.exe "C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS.vcproj" S60_22 WINS UDEB
    if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError
    goto VCEnd
    :VCReportError
    echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."
    exit 1
    :VCEnd
    ]
    Creating command line "c:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\Deb_S60_22_WINS\BAT000003.bat"
    Output Window Performing Pre-Build Event...
    * Current build configuration: WINS UDEB
    Converting bitmaps...
    epocroot = \Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\
    * C:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\\epoc32\tools\bmconv.exe /hC:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\inc\IPMS.mbg C:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\release\wins\UDEB\z\system\apps\IPMS\IPMS.mbm /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\context_pane_icon.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\context_pane_icon_mask.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\list_icon.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\list_icon_mask.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_message.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_message_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_available.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_available_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_available.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_available_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_offline.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_offline_msk.bmp /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_compose.bmp /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_compose_msk.bmp /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_contact.bmp /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_contact_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_check.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_check_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_mail.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_mail_msk.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_no_image3.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_no_image3_mask.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_shared.bmp /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_shared_mask.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\l_samurai.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a
    \workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\logo.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_baloon.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_basket.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_beach.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_chair.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_dog.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_football.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_london.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_piggy.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_plane.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_polo.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_sunflower.bmp /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_tree.bmp
    BMCONV version 112.
    Compiling...
    Multiple bitmap store type: File store
    Epoc file: C:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\Epoc32\release\wins\UDEB\z\system\apps\IPMS\IPMS.mbm
    Bitmap file 1 : ,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\context_pane_icon.bmp
    Bitmap file 2 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\context_pane_icon_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 3 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\list_icon.bmp
    Bitmap file 4 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\list_icon_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 5 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_message.bmp
    Bitmap file 6 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_message_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 7 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_available.bmp
    Bitmap file 8 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_available_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 9 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_available.bmp
    Bitmap file 10 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_available_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 11 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_offline.bmp
    Bitmap file 12 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_offline_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 13 : /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_compose.bmp
    Bitmap file 14 : /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_compose_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 15 : /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_contact.bmp
    Bitmap file 16 : /c12,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\m_contact_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 17 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_check.bmp
    Bitmap file 18 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_check_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 19 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_mail.bmp
    Bitmap file 20 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\i_mail_msk.bmp
    Bitmap file 21 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_no_image3.bmp
    Bitmap file 22 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_no_image3_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 23 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_shared.bmp
    Bitmap file 24 : /c24,1C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\s_not_shared_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 25 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\l_samurai.bmp
    Bitmap file 26 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\logo.bmp
    Bitmap file 27 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_baloon.bmp
    Bitmap file 28 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_basket.bmp
    Bitmap file 29 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_beach.bmp
    Bitmap file 30 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_chair.bmp
    Bitmap file 31 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_dog.bmp
    Bitmap file 32 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_football.bmp
    Bitmap file 33 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_london.bmp
    Bitmap file 34 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_piggy.bmp
    Bitmap file 35 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_plane.bmp
    Bitmap file 36 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_polo.bmp
    Bitmap file 37 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_sunflower.bmp
    Bitmap file 38 : /c24C:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\aif\p_tree.bmp
    File does not exist
    ERROR: RCMake failed: (Bitmaps): bmconv.exe failed with code 3 while converting one bitmap entry to a bitmap collection. (Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.)
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."
    Results Build log was saved at "file://c:\Symbian\8.0a\workspace\dummyIPMS\dummyIPMS\Deb_S60_22_WINS\BuildLog.htm"
    dummyIPMS - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Super Contributor

The bmconv a utility that "packs" bitmapfiles into a single file as required by Symbian) did not find one of the files to be included into the .mbm file, out of memory I cannot remember the exact syntax of the error output but initially I would check that the file ...\p_tree.bmp does exist.

fortunately it does exist in the ..\aif directory;
    below is my .mmp file followed by mbmdef file just in case i miss something, please point it to me.

thanks...

-----------
    /*& START_BINARY_BUILD &*/
    TARGET IPMS.app
    TARGETTYPE app
    TARGETPATH system\apps\IPMS
    UID 0x100039ce 0x0f24f19a
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include
    USERINCLUDE ..\inc
    USERINCLUDE ..\data
    lang 01
    /* [+] */ SOURCEPATH ..\aif
    /* [+] */ RESOURCE IPMSaif.rss

SOURCEPATH ..\data
    RESOURCE IPMS.rss
    RESOURCE IPMS_caption.rss

SOURCEPATH ..\src
    SOURCE csmshandler.cpp

USERINCLUDE ..\inc
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include
    START BITMAP IPMS.mbm
    TARGETPATH system\apps\IPMS
    HEADER
    SOURCEPATH ..\aif
    SOURCE c24,1 context_pane_icon.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 context_pane_icon_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 list_icon.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 list_icon_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 m_message.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 m_message_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_available.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_available_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_not_available.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_not_available_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_offline.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_offline_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c12,1 m_compose.bmp
    SOURCE c12,1 m_compose_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c12,1 m_contact.bmp
    SOURCE c12,1 m_contact_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 i_check.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 i_check_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 i_mail.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 i_mail_msk.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 p_no_image3.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 p_no_image3_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_not_shared.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 s_not_shared_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24 l_samurai.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_baloon.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_basket.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_beach.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_chair.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_dog.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_football.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_london.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_piggy.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_plane.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_polo.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_sunflower.bmp
    SOURCE c24 p_tree.bmp
    SOURCE c12 logo.bmp
    END

LIBRARY InetProtUtil.lib

==below is the .mbmdef=======
    c24,1 |aif\context_pane_icon.bmp|aif\context_pane_icon_mask.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\list_icon.bmp|aif\list_icon_mask.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\s_offline.bmp|aif\s_offline_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\s_not_available.bmp|aif\s_not_available_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\s_available.bmp|aif\s_available_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\m_message.bmp|aif\m_message_msk.bmp
    c12,1 |aif\m_contact.bmp|aif\m_contact_msk.bmp
    c12,1 |aif\m_compose.bmp|aif\m_compose_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\i_mail.bmp|aif\i_mail_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\i_check.bmp|aif\i_check_msk.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\s_not_shared.bmp|aif\s_not_shared_mask.bmp
    c24,1 |aif\p_no_image3.bmp|aif\p_no_image3_mask.bmp
    c24| aif\p_tree.bmp
    c24| aif\p_sunflower.bmp
    c24| aif\p_polo.bmp
    c24| aif\p_plane.bmp
    c24| aif\p_piggy.bmp
    c24| aif\p_london.bmp
    c24| aif\p_football.bmp
    c24| aif\p_dog.bmp
    c24| aif\p_chair.bmp
    c24| aif\p_beach.bmp
    c24| aif\p_basket.bmp
    c24| aif\p_baloon.bmp
    c24| aif\l_samurai.bmp
    c12| aif\logo.bmp

===below is the .aifdef========

C:/symbianWorkSpace/IPMS/aif/|aif/IPMSaif.rss|c4,1|aif/context_pane_icon.bmp|aif/context_pane_icon_mask.bmp|aif/list_icon.bmp|aif/list_icon_mask.bmp

Super Contributor

So at least you need to add the AIF statement to the .mmp file, something like this, this is not automatically added:

Code:
    AIF IPMS.aif ..\aif IPMSaif.rss c8 context_pane_icon.bmp context_pane_icon_mask.bmp list_icon.bmp list_icon_mask.bmp
    See SDK Help for detailed format of the AIF statement. This should prevent adding the related .rss file as a resource, which is not correct.

Also you do not then need to add the icon bitmaps to the IPMS.mbm (unless you specifically use them inside the application ofcourse).

hi mitts, it seems your the only one interested in my problem.
    thanks for your guidance..

actually, this line:
    <i> "AIF IPMS.aif ..\aif IPMSaif.rss c4,1 context_pane_icon.bmp context_pane_icon_mask.bmp list_icon.bmp list_icon_mask.bmp" </i>

was there in the .mmp file...i removed it when i tried to experiment what would be the effect of such removal. i am desperate to find the source of this error thats why im doing the least that i can do..."trial and error".

Super Contributor

OK, so with the AIF statement in the .mmp file and removing the duplicate bitmaps from the start bitmap section, does the error message at least change?

And what abotu the logo.bmp, that one there as well, that seems to be the next one on the list so the error could be about that one as well?

i cant seem to get the duplicate bitmap you mentioned. its a bmp and a mask in sequence..

the logo.bmp is there as well.

questions:
    1) i wonder which file the compiler is complaining about the file that is not found because i did count the file one by one.
    2) curiously, when i change the .aifdef to absolute path and using a forward slash "/":
    C:/symbianWorkSpace/IPMS |aif/IPMSaif.rss *****
    the error will still be using a back slash "\":
    Bitmap file 36 : /c24C:\symbianWorkSpace\IPMS\aif\p_sunflower.bmp
    Bitmap file 37 : /c24C:\symbianWorkSpace\IPMS\aif\p_tree.bmp

im really lost....here

Super Contributor

Changes to the .aifdef file have no effect because that file is not used by Carbide.vs.

What I mean with duplicate is that you have the file context_pane_icon.bmp et al both in the AIF and in the IPMS.mbm where I suspect that you do not need it. Remove it et al from the START BITMAP section in the .mmp file, .mbm building is controlled by that.

Hi all,
    I met the same problem now.
    I imported a project created by Carbide.C++ 1.2 to Carbide.vs202.
    The bitmap compilation failed.
    Have you fix the problem?
    I tried the steps above, and it's not work.

Thanks in advance.

mmp file (no aif subdir):
    Code:
    START BITMAP fim.mbm
    	HEADER
    	TARGETPATH \resource\apps
    	SOURCEPATH ..\gfx
    	SOURCE c24,8 offline.bmp offline_mask.bmp default.bmp default_mask.bmp
    	SOURCE c24,1 unread.bmp unread_mask.bmp
    	SOURCEPATH ..\gfx\inputMethod
    	SOURCE c24 pinyin.bmp numer.bmp bihua.bmp abc.bmp
    END
    Compilation error here:
    Code:
    * Current build configuration: WINSCW UDEB
    Converting bitmaps...
    epocroot = \symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\
    * F:\symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\epoc32\tools\bmconv.exe /hF:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\inc\fim.mbg F:\symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\release\winscw\UDEB\z\resource\apps\fim.mbm /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\offline.bmp /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\offline_mask.bmp /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\default.bmp /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\default_mask.bmp /c24,1F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\unread.bmp /c24,1F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\unread_mask.bmp /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\pinyin.bmp /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\numer.bmp /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\bihua.bmp /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\abc.bmp
    BMCONV version 112.
    Compiling...
    Multiple bitmap store type: File store
    Epoc file: F:\symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\release\winscw\UDEB\z\resource\apps\fim.mbm
    Bitmap file 1 : ,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\offline.bmp
    Bitmap file 2 : /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\offline_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 3 : /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\default.bmp
    Bitmap file 4 : /c24,8F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\default_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 5 : /c24,1F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\unread.bmp
    Bitmap file 6 : /c24,1F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\unread_mask.bmp
    Bitmap file 7 : /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\pinyin.bmp
    Bitmap file 8 : /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\numer.bmp
    Bitmap file 9 : /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\bihua.bmp
    Bitmap file 10 : /c24F:\project\symbian\VS2003\fim\gfx\inputMethod\abc.bmp
    File does not exist
    ERROR: RCMake failed: (Bitmaps): bmconv.exe failed with code 3 while converting one bitmap entry to a bitmap collection. (Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.)
    Kyle M. Lee
    宁静致远

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that bmconv is not mifconv, and "C24,1" has no sense in case of .bmp files.
    Try
    Code:
    START BITMAP fim.mbm
    	HEADER
    	TARGETPATH \resource\apps
    	SOURCEPATH ..\gfx
    	SOURCE c24 offline.bmp default.bmp
    	SOURCE 8 offline_mask.bmp default_mask.bmp
    	SOURCE c24 unread.bmp
    	SOURCE 1 unread_mask.bmp
    	SOURCEPATH ..\gfx\inputMethod
    	SOURCE c24 pinyin.bmp numer.bmp bihua.bmp abc.bmp