Discussion Board

Question Themes Installed on N73ME

I have downloaded themes for N73 and themes created by Carbibe.ui. However, as I said in the other post that some themes do not work with alarm clock setting. So, I have decided to remove them (from MiniSD). It all seemed to be gone. Few days later, I had a look in themes section, they still presented there and also working. Then, took a hard look in app manager section, I have found none of them. How can I solved this problem without hard reset?
    Please, help me out.

Re: Themes Installed on N73ME

Did you have a backup of phone to miniSD before removing the theme and then reload the backup to phone?

Unhappy Re: Themes Installed on N73ME

No, since I have done that only last time I've updated my phone firmware. After that just only back up to memory card only. Also, I did restore those before I installed these themes on my miniSD.

thanks for your reply.

You says that your backup is this theme free. I can make just suggestion. I thing make sure that where the theme is surviving. If it is still on memory card, delete the files of theme in private/... directory on memory card. Otherwise, reinstall the theme to phone memory and then remove by application manager again. I thing something is missing between installing and removing.
    And have look at this: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=97309

Unhappy Re: Themes Installed on N73ME

Thank you for your suggestion. I already have a look in memory card private folder and found sis files installed there. Only problem to me is that they are writen in numbers not the names as the theme names. So, I do not know which one is which. I also know that if I delete some critical files, my phone will never start and have to end up HR.
    Any suggestions on how to traslate those numbers to name that I can read, please?

The simplest way to find out your problem theme is cutting these directories step by step from memory card then pasting to somewhere in computer and checking on the phone untill you find it. And then you may move all the directories to phone except problem theme directory...

You can delete them from private folder but the themes remain on the log in App.Manager and if you try to reinstall them you get the message "unable to install file".I was wondering is there a way to clear the log or another way that those themes can be reinstalled because this accountance is not stored on the memory card (I changed my memory card and still I cannot install the themes I had before eg:Black Pearl), I think this is stored on the phone ?
    Thanks

same problem.the only way is to format the device..so you can save themes in memory card and after formatting you 'll find them in memory and can add more..so I have installed 112 themes...but it is a hard way!!!it could be so easier if you know the logfile in the device's memory to erase after installing!!

if all things you tried did not work. try HARD RESET. but remember to back-up all your files b'coz the phone will be restarted. here's the code: *#7370#