Discussion Board

Is it possible to record audio downlink / play audio uplink during video call?

Hi, after searching for solution in the forum, I'm currently able to record audio downlink and play audio uplink during voice telephony for my N80 phone (S60 3rd Edition).

However, my project requires 3G Video Telephony. I hv tried to do the same thing during video call but get error code of -21 (access denied) for both recording and playback.

Thus, my question is whether it is possible to do that even I get the developer certificate with MultimediaDD and set highest priority for my program?

Thank you in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to record audio downlink / play audio uplink during video call?

hi,

u can request the manufacturer for the capability request
    and there is a flesxibility for getting manufacture capabilities like MultimediaDD

check this link
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...devcertSummary

fill up the capability request form .and submit it and u'll get the capability required for testing ur application.

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar M
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Re: Is it possible to record audio downlink / play audio uplink during video call?

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. From the guide provided by Symbian, it seems that applying cert with MultimediaDD capability require us to have ACS Publisher ID.

As I'm a just a Uni student doing final year project, it seems to be costly for me to just apply for the ID for this project. Will it be flexible enough to get it without the ACS Publisher ID?

If it is not possible, I would like to confirm if we really can achieve it for video call before I propose for purchasing the ID to my supervisor. I have this concern because many aspects of video telephony are still not publicly programmable due to the lack of official API. I afraid that we still do not have the permission to do that on video call even with MultimediaDD capability. Does anyone have successfully try to record audio or play audio through video call?

Hi skylark_khur,

I need to record audio downlink and play audio uplink during voice telephony, too. Is it possible to do it based on the Nokia Audio Proxy Server plug in source code? or are there any samples on this purpose?

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
    As far as I have tried I was able to record the uplink/downlink voice during voice call in a 3.0 device edition. However I am not sure which device version you are working on. I was able to achoeve that using CMdaAudioRecorderUtility class and playing around with priority and preferences. May be you can search the forum as well as wiki to find some good link for it.
    Try finding out relevant info from these links
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Recording_APIs
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_Proxy_Server

PS: Start a new thread if its a new query.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by skylark_khur View Post
    Hi, after searching for solution in the forum, I'm currently able to record audio downlink and play audio uplink during voice telephony for my N80 phone (S60 3rd Edition).
    as i wrote in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=202558

i am trying to do the same without success.

could you help me someway?