Discussion Board

Serious Missing capabilities with ToolKit 3.1 Only 16 days left

3.1 does not have the connection profile option as 3.0 Toolkit, this is a serious ommision.

Whilst developing asp pages it has been extremely usefull to be able to open up the content received to see what has been sent by the web server responding to a request. Sometimes this has been HTML, due to an error inserted in ASP code, eg. " error near line 89 Object not found blah blah". This was possible with TK3.0, by setting "Direct HTTP connection" instead of server simulation. Then in the session log it was possible to open up a response and view the original repsonse returned to the wmlc compiler.

I can not see how to to this on TK 3.1, this is a serious ommision, since I have no way to continue development, when I can not see what is being returned by the webserver. This is even more serious because my 3.0 Toolkit says there are only 16 days left until the software expires.

Is there a hidden method to acheive what I need from the 3.1 Toolkit ? What is this forums best sugegstion for going forward?

Thanks in advance Christian Langlois

Regular Contributor

RE: Serious Missing capabilities with ToolKit 3.1 Only 16 days left

All of that information is still available in NMIT 3.1. Use the NMB simulator using the Server Simulator for your connection setting. The WML is available under the current tab and the response is available under the Session tab.

- Matt
    Toolkit Team

RE: Serious Missing capabilities with ToolKit 3.1 Only 16 days left

Hi

If your server and your development PC are different ones you can use sniffer software, which actually can be more useful sometimes then toolkit provided capabilities.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sniffer

BR
    VA