Discussion Board

SVG and circles + phone restart

I'm experiencing realy strange problems.

1) When I draw an icon in Inkscape, consisted of primary shapes (rectangles, polygons, circles), the final icon on the phone has no circles on it !!! In any SVG viewer the circles are present, but on the phone, all of the objects on icon are present, except circles (ellipses). Is it possible that mifconv doesn't handle curves correctly?

2) The other problem is that, whenever I change the icon on the application, it is not displayed on the phone until the phone is restarted (Phone: E60, SDK: S60_3rd_MR). Till that moment, the previous icon is shown. I have posted it also here:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...281#post272281

Please help, I think I'm going crazy.

Thanks a lot,
    LjubeX

Re: SVG and circles + phone restart

No ideas? Does anyone know how can I view ".mif" files? I found discussions on the forum about this issue, but I didn't find any answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ljubex

1) When I draw an icon in Inkscape, consisted of primary shapes (rectangles, polygons, circles), the final icon on the phone has no circles on it !!! In any SVG viewer the circles are present, but on the phone, all of the objects on icon are present, except circles (ellipses). Is it possible that mifconv doesn't handle curves correctly?

2) The other problem is that, whenever I change the icon on the application, it is not displayed on the phone until the phone is restarted (Phone: E60, SDK: S60_3rd_MR). Till that moment, the previous icon is shown. I have posted it also here:

Thanks a lot,
    LjubeX

Just to announce that I solved the mistery. I found answer in the SVGT specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/

No curves, no gradients, that's SVG Tiny. Maybe it's interesting that I was forced to restart the phone in order to see new application icon, but only if I tried before that to supply the icon with elements that cannot be rendered. Never mind, thanks people for your time. This might help somebody.

LjubeX

Quote Originally Posted by ljubex

Thanks a lot,
    LjubeX

Nokia Developer Moderator

It is not so sure. I do not know about the curves, but gradients work, but in the v1.1 way.
    For example
    Code:
    <svg width="100" height="100" viewBox="0 0 100 100">
      <radialGradient id="BallShader" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" cx="30" cy="30" r="80" fx="30" fy="30">
        <stop offset="0%" stop-color="white" />
        <stop offset="60%" stop-color="green" />
        <stop offset="100%" stop-color="black" />
      </radialGradient>
      <circle fill="url(#BallShader)" cx="50" cy="50" r="50" />
    </svg>
    uses radial gradient - the "toughest" one -, and it works at least on 3250, N80, N91, N93, and the emulator.

I tried with E60 device and linear gradient, it didn't work (but I didn't try with emulator). This is the example of used gradient:

<linearGradient id="linearGradient4873">
    <stop offset="0.0000000" style="stop-color:#d88721;stop-opacity:1.0000000;"/>
    <stop offset="0.50000000" style="stop-color:#a85c00;stop-opacity:1.0000000;"/>
    <stop offset="1.0000000" style="stop-color:#643e0e;stop-opacity:1.0000000;"/>
    </linearGradient>