Discussion Board

Help required regarding NOKIA N91 & PC SUITE

I recently had the need to update my N91 firmware (For various reasons ~ Slow message sending; Constant crashes; Plus various other operating problems that I assumed were down to faulty software etc), so I downloaded the relevant software from the Nokia site, and transferred all my user data to my computer via PC Suite. I then proceeded to update the firmware of my N91 to the newest update, which seems to have worked fine as message sending is now instantaneous (Compared to 60-90 seconds prior) and various other problems have been rectified...

Although... I seem to now have a problem connecting back to PC Suite. It was initially working alright beforehand, using the DKE-2 data cable, but now PC Suite seems to have a problem recognising the phone when in PC Suite mode, despite my computer uploading the relevant drivers upon connection. My computer alerts me to a connection being made (Via audible tone), but for some reason I can't access the phone memory via either PC Suite or my Mobile Explorer, whereas I could before the upgrade of the firmware. I have no problem connecting via the other two methods, as I am able to transfer files to the hard drive as before via the Mass Storage option. PC Suite also notifies me that the phone IS connected, although via the wrong setting, so it does recognise the connection, but just not when I choose the 'PC Suite' setting. If I choose to 'Get Connected' the wizard will run through the motions, but alert me that the phone is in the wrong setting to proceed with the connection

The problem has only been since I flashed my phone with the new firmware, so I am assuming it is perhaps lacking the relevant program to connect it to PC Suite??? Also, after not being able to connect, I thought the problem could have been with PC Suite, so I then updated the PC Suite software to version 6.82.4, thinking that this would solve the problem, but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated, as all my contact information and other info is stored on my computer with no way of uploading back to my phone.

PS. Does anyone know where exactly the contact information files are stored and what their filename is as well, as I wish to reformat my computer, but don't want to lose my contact information stored. If I made a backup of the file, I could then safely reformat my computer and reinstall PC Suite at a later date and transplant the file back into the directory. Many thanks

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Help required regarding NOKIA N91 & PC SUITE

This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for Nokia products or end user application support. There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a response.

Ron