Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Submitting to a CGI

hello,
    we are developing a wapmail application in perl, it is a single cgi script that read an 'action' from the env_string when it is submitted, and generate pages based on templates; i noticed that if from a generated page i try to submit again to the same cgi (with a different action) it doesnt work; is it possible? itested it only with 7110, it works with emulators but not with the real device

thanks
    lorenzo

Posted by lorenzo noccioli, noccioli@dada.it

Super Contributor

RE: Submitting to a CGI

There's a 'POST' bug in quite a few versions of the Nokia 7110. I noticed the same error you are having with one of our Nokia's ver 4.73. There don;t seem to be any workarounds I'm afraid, other than visiting your nearest mobile phone dealer and getting them to upgrade the your Nokia.

To check which version software your phone has, punch in the following sequence: *#0000#

regards,
    Mario Gianota
    SimultaneousMIllions.com
    -----------------------------------------
    Visit the WML Source library at: http://SimultaneousMillions.com/library/index.html

Super Contributor

RE: Submitting to a CGI

Posted by Jaime Teng, jsteng@qinet.net

Mario is correct in pointing out that problem existing with Nokia phones.

If your WML page contains all the 'cache control' settings both for the phone and gateway, the phone will not fetch the same page. This is not however a cache issue but rather a fetch issue. The problem is that the Nokia 7110 phone will not fetch any URL that is already in display.

If you have such a WML page with all the 'cache controls', try loading another page then fetch that WML page again to actually reload it fresh from your web server.

Then again, Mario's suggestion will work even without the cach-control settings.

more info can be found at:
    http://wap.com.ph/nokiafaq/