Discussion Board

Exclamation please I neeeeeeeeeeeeed help

I,m a new nokia forum .... so i have the carbide ui 3.1 theme editor....i made theme for (( massari songer)) in the next theme the the program made it but in mobile show me error messege ((update error))

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: please I neeeeeeeeeeeeed help

Hi, welcome to the forum, next time you should maybe write the subject/topic in a way that it says something on your problem, makes it easier for readers to know what the post is about.

Anyway, you will get update error, when the sis you try to install, is already present in the system and the content file names have mismatch (i.e. old files installed with the sis have different names/locations than the new one).

In your case, it is propably caused by using same UID for both, since Symbian uses UIDs to identifie sis files. Thus try using different UID for each theme and it should work. Also note that you should request the UIDs from symbiansigned, othervise you might accidentally use somebody elses UIDs.

yucca

Exclamation Re: please I neeeeeeeeeeeeed help

I try it many times but i faild ..... and try to delete the first theme and install it .... and faild to....by the way my fone is nokia N73...... help me please

Nokia Developer Moderator

hmm, could also be that you have filenames specified to be same as with some other theme already present in the system. Basically, I think the only way to figure out is to remove all themes from the phone and then try installing and figuring out which themes are having a conflict, and then you could just change one of them and see if the problem still persist.

yucca

Hi,

I have the same problem with N73. Made 2 theme's but won't be allowed to be installed together. If the first one is deïnstalled than the second will be allowed. Else [update error]. However,.. it is not the UID. Must be something else. Anybody have the solution yet?

tnx

Hi again,

I solved my problem. At least its a workaround. I use "Carbide.ui S60 theme edition 3.1 for symbian OS". When creating the sis, I unchecked the multimedia section. Then the sis installs fine. I hope it works for you also.

Hello,
    I've found this info in the latest carbide.ui 3.1.1 when selecting screensaver in property area bellow:

In addition to .sis (in previous platforms), supported are animated svg, gif and Flash lite files.
    WARNING! Make sure that the filename is unique. Screensaver file is deployed to phone to Data/Others path.
    If there is already file with the same name, on Data/Others path, theme sis installation will be stopped.
    Ves Mildred

Thank you all, i have been strugling since two days on this
    Now, everything is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ves View Post
    Hello,
    I've found this info in the latest carbide.ui 3.1.1 when selecting screensaver in property area bellow:

In addition to .sis (in previous platforms), supported are animated svg, gif and Flash lite files.
    WARNING! Make sure that the filename is unique. Screensaver file is deployed to phone to Data/Others path.
    If there is already file with the same name, on Data/Others path, theme sis installation will be stopped.
    thanks alllot if works now