Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

RE: Extension mode B

Dear Customer,

since the correct extension rings, it means that N22 has answered the incoming call, set the hook off (closed the hook-switch) and sent the re-programmed number to the PBX. If the A subscriber still hears the phone ringing it means that it has not got the 'B-answered' signalling from the gsm network.

I think it would be good to consult your gsm service provider to check the above mentioned issue. Simple test ofcourse is to try with SIM card(s) from some other operator. If it is possible, also a test with different PBX brand could give additional information.

Kind Regards,
    M2M developer support team

Extension mode B

When I connect my Nokia 22 to an extension line and configure incoming calls to mode B, and program an extension number for the incoming call to be directed to, the incoming call rings the extension, but when I pickup the handset and listen, I just hear DTMF tones, and the Nokia 22 continues ringing as if the call is not completed. I am using a NEC PBX. What is wrong?

Regular Contributor

Dear Customer,

in the above mentioned situation N22 answers the call with a GSM signalling, then N22 sets the hook-off and dials the pre-defined number.

Please specify what means "and the Nokia 22 continues ringing as if the call is not completed"?

Kind Regards,

Dear M2M Support Team, please note the additional info I have added to your question. I am still interested in using extension mode B. Thanks for your help.

Regular Contributor

Dear Customer,

is it possible to test same with a SIM card from different service provider. It seems like N22 would not signal (at least B won't receive it) call answered to the gsm network.

Of course, a test with another N22 and another PBX would give more information, but understandably it is not always possible.

Kind Regards,