Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Raccoon 0.9.0 released

Of course the previous is now moot.

Still, it was a good exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn
    Thanks for the pointer.

I've now also uploaded raccoon_0_9_1_SDK_3rdEd.zip that also contains the armv5 binaries, so you don't necessarily need to extract those files from the SIS.

If you want all 0.9.1 source (that contains the fixes of this thread) then pull it directly from the SourceForge subversion repository.
    Code:
    svn co https://raccoon.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/raccoon/phone/tags/release-0.9.1/phone
    Trying to BUILD_AS_MONOLITH again now (since building from the unmodified source gives me "Internal IO error" on the webpage), abiv2_mod_python.lib seems to be missing from the 0.9.1 SDK.
    Code:
    Httpds_chttpdserver.cpp
    arm-none-symbianelf-ld: ..\..\..\EPOC32\RELEASE\ARMV5\UREL\abiv2_mod_python.lib:
     No such file: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [..\..\..\EPOC32\RELEASE\GCCE\UREL\httpds.exe] Error 1

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lakiolen
    Trying to BUILD_AS_MONOLITH again now (since building from the unmodified source gives me "Internal IO error" on the webpage)
    Hmm, Internal IO error shown by the gateway typically means that the request got all the way to the connector on the phone, but that Apache did not respond properly or not at all.

Try browsing to the webserver using the browser on the phone (http://127.0.0.1 - localhost does not work) and see what happens.

abiv2_mod_python.lib seems to be missing from the 0.9.1 SDK.
    Code:
    Httpds_chttpdserver.cpp
    arm-none-symbianelf-ld: ..\..\..\EPOC32\RELEASE\ARMV5\UREL\abiv2_mod_python.lib:
     No such file: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [..\..\..\EPOC32\RELEASE\GCCE\UREL\httpds.exe] Error 1
    Well, because I didn't think there would be a need for that or any of the other static libraries But I see now that including those would make sense as you in that case would not have to rebuild everything, but only httpds.exe, in order to adjust the capabilities.

Ok, stay tuned, I'll create a new SDK release.

Nokia Developer Expert

Ok, stay tuned, I'll create a new SDK release.
    Unfortunately, I may have to withdraw that. Namely, I don't have those libraries, since I with both armv5 and gcce build a modular Raccoon. In gcce's case only so that I get the necessary import libraries for the SDK, which is only intended for making it simpler to create new native modules.

But everything should build nicely now if you invoke the build from the top-level group directory. It takes a while, but then you will get all binaries. In case you havn't noticed, in the top-level mmp.conf you can easily adjust the capabilites of all binaries.

Hmm, Internal IO error shown by the gateway typically means that the request got all the way to the connector on the phone, but that Apache did not respond properly or not at all.

Try browsing to the webserver using the browser on the phone (http://127.0.0.1 - localhost does not work) and see what happens.
    From the built from source raccoon
    http://127.0.0.1 gives me a page for 'the Openwave MAG Proxy Server'.

And just to make sure it's not my phone, the 0_9_0 bundle makes the external page work. Yet 127.0.0.1 still gives me the Openwave page. I swear i was able to go to 127.0.0.1 before. It wouldn't be because I have a developer certificate signed python would it?

Nokia Developer Expert

From the built from source raccoon
    http://127.0.0.1 gives me a page for 'the Openwave MAG Proxy Server'.

And just to make sure it's not my phone, the 0_9_0 bundle makes the external page work. Yet 127.0.0.1 still gives me the Openwave page. I swear i was able to go to 127.0.0.1 before. It wouldn't be because I have a developer certificate signed python would it?
    I'm pretty certain the reason for that is that you have a proxy setting for the browser. On N80 the setting is Tools->Settings->Connection->Access Points->the AP you use->Options->Advanced Settings->Proxy serv. address. See if you can find something like that on your phone and temporarily turn it off.

But everything should build nicely now if you invoke the build from the top-level group directory. It takes a while, but then you will get all binaries. In case you havn't noticed, in the top-level mmp.conf you can easily adjust the capabilites of all binaries.
    It built without a hitch. And yes i did notice, thank you. Just not sure whether I need to change just the DLL define or all of them or just some of them.

Unfortunately, I may have to withdraw that. Namely, I don't have those libraries, since I with both armv5 and gcce build a modular Raccoon. In gcce's case only so that I get the necessary import libraries for the SDK, which is only intended for making it simpler to create new native modules.
    If building with gcce with the included binaries and with changed capabilities works then I, personally, won't need the second option.

Nokia Developer Expert

Just not sure whether I need to change just the DLL define or all of them or just some of them.
    In principle, the only thing that counts are the capabilities of the process in whose context Apache is run. That is, you should set the capabilities of MWS_HTTPDS_CAPABILITIES. There should not be a need for changing the capabilites of the other executables.

However, in order for DLL to be loadable by an executable, it needs to have at least as many capabilities as the executable loading it. So, you could set MWS_DLL_CAPABILITIES to be all capabilities your certificate allows you to, and then set the same or a subset of those to MWS_HTTPDS_CAPABILITIES.

I'm pretty certain the reason for that is that you have a proxy setting for the browser. On N80 the setting is Tools->Settings->Connection->Access Points->the AP you use->Options->Advanced Settings->Proxy serv. address. See if you can find something like that on your phone and temporarily turn it off.
    You're right about the access point proxy. I was able to get to the localhost site from the gcce compiled version. But the external page still gives the "Internal IO Error while processing request". Both work with the version from sourceforge.

Nokia Developer Expert

But the external page still gives the "Internal IO Error while processing request". Both work with the version from sourceforge.
    If you invoke Options->Settings on your gcce compiled Raccoon, do the Server and Server port settings make sense? The former should be 127.0.0.1 and the latter 80 (unless you have changed it in httpd.conf).

If you invoke Options->Settings on your gcce compiled Raccoon, do the Server and Server port settings make sense? The former should be 127.0.0.1 and the latter 80 (unless you have changed it in httpd.conf).
    They are set correctly.

On a related note. I tried finding where the Gateway default ip is set. I use a different one and was hoping to change that for myself and for other people I plan on sharing the higher-capability bundle with. Even grepping the source for the ip or the int representation didn't turn up anything.

Nokia Developer Expert

They are set correctly.
    Are you sure the request reaches the phone? If you on the Raccon UI switch to the third tab - 'Connector' - what do the stats there show when you try to browse to the phone?

First the channel should increase by one, then Recd reqs should change and immediately after that Sent reqs. Recd reqs shows data received from the gateway by the connector and Sent reqs data sent from the connector to the webserver. When things have settled, they should be the same. Same thing for Recd reps and Sent reps

On a related note. I tried finding where the Gateway default ip is set. I use a different one and was hoping to change that for myself and for other people I plan on sharing the higher-capability bundle with. Even grepping the source for the ip or the int representation didn't turn up anything.
    Actually, it is not set anywhere in the code (or, it's set to zero). However, the file ui/s60/connectorviews/install/mws.dat is installed as a default settings file, and it contains the IP address of the gateway.

So, either on the emulator or on the phone, set the settings the way you like, then copy C:\Data\Apache\mws.dat somewhere and have it installed with your installation package.

Are you sure the request reaches the phone? If you on the Raccon UI switch to the third tab - 'Connector' - what do the stats there show when you try to browse to the phone?

First the channel should increase by one, then Recd reqs should change and immediately after that Sent reqs. Recd reqs shows data received from the gateway by the connector and Sent reqs data sent from the connector to the webserver. When things have settled, they should be the same. Same thing for Recd reps and Sent reps
    Channels increases by one, from 2/0 to 3/0 for instance. Nothing else changes though. The Reqs are at 0/0/0.

Nokia Developer Expert

Channels increases by one, from 2/0 to 3/0 for instance. Nothing else changes though. The Reqs are at 0/0/0.
    The first value of Channels shows how many so-called data channels have been created between the connector (on the phone) and the gateway, the second how many active channels there are right now. The data channels are kept around and reused only for as long as they are known to work and after that they are discarded.

So, what's happening now is that the request for a new data channel arrives to the phone (the first value of Channels increases) over the so called control connection that is always kept alive, but for whatever reason, nothing is received over that created data channel.

Was it so that the pre-built Raccoon works with your gateway?

Was it so that the pre-built Raccoon works with your gateway?
    Yep. It works fine. Except for the location information part.