What is BackLight ?
Backlight is a form of illumination used in liquid crystal displays (LCDs).They are used in small displays(like mobile) to increase readability in low light conditions.
Need for proper usage of Backlight
An application should make optimal use of backlight because it costs
Some guidelines for backlight usability
- Backlight should be turned off when the application is idle.
- When the application is moved to background, the backlight should turn off after a while.
- The default backlight settings should not be modified.
- Backlight timeout period should be low.
- Backlight behavior should be consistent in case of Voip applications vis-a-vis cell calls, i.e. if profile is silent on incoming cell calls the backlight blinks, the same should happen in the case of Voip calls also.
- The user inactivity timer should not be tampered with unless there is a valid reason so to do, as this can impact the battery performance and stop the screen saver from coming on.