Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Calender Engine Access
The Calender(also Agenda) engine/model API provides access to the time management data used by the Calender and To-Do applications.The model allows entries to be added,deleted and edited.Can be used for Alarm synchronization information.
Agenda Model and Concepts
There are 4 types of agenda entry, each with different properties:
- Events are all-day entries that may have a display time, but do not have an actual start time.Events may have multiple day durations using the optional end date information.
- These are events that occur only once a year.Info about the base year can be stored.
- These have a start time and data and an end time and date.
- These represent a task to be carried out and may have a display time and data and either a due or crossed out data to indicate when the task is due by or when it was performed. A to-do also contains details about the to-do list it belongs to and its priority.
The models for accessing the agenda data are managed in a three layer hierarchy:
- Entry Model(CAgnEntryModel)
- This is the base model.An entry object represents each entry with all repetitions stored in the one object.
- Indexed Model(CAgnIndexedModel)
- This extends the entry model, indexing the data to allow filtering before entries are read.
- Instance Model(CAgnModel)
- This extends the indexed model and is the most suitable for applications with a user interface, as separate objects are used to represent each instance of a repeating object.