Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Changing tab background graphics not possible using MAknsSkinInstance::SetLocalItemDefL (Known Issue)
Changing the tab background graphics programmatically using MAknsSkinInstance::SetLocalItemDefL() is not possible.
Setting the local skin item definition using this API works for some skin items such as the status pane (see TSS001174 - Changing the skin of the status pane) but not for tab background graphics.
The skin items used to draw the tab background are:
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabActiveL (left section of an active tab background)
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabActiveM (middle section of an active tab background)
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabActiveR (right section of an active tab background)
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabPassiveL (left section of a passive tab background)
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabPassiveM (middle section of a passive tab background)
- KAknsIIDQgnGrafTabPassiveR (right section of a passive tab background)
MAknsSkinInstance::SetLocalItemDefL() when used with these skin items actually changes the active and passive tab background graphics to gray and blue respectively, irrespective of the colour of the bitmap used and the selected theme.
No solution available.