Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Differences Between Mobile and PC Browsing Development
An application developer should take in account for the following things:
- Mobile devices have smaller displays and wide variety of display sizes.
- Text inputting is slow in mobile devices.
- Softkeys are used for activating commands in mobile devices; the number and purpose of softkeys vary between devices from different manufacturers.
- Connection and data transfer between the device and the server is slower than in a fixed domain.
- The amount of cookie data that can be stored in a mobile device is limited.
- Mobile users may have to pay for each piece of transferred data.