Differences Between Mobile and PC Browsing Development
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Created:(19 Nov 2007)
Last edited:(29 Jul 2012)
An application developer should take in account for the following things:
- Mobile devices have smaller displays and wide variety of display sizes.
- Text inputting is slow in mobile devices.
- Softkeys are used for activating commands in mobile devices; the number and purpose of softkeys vary between devices from different manufacturers.
- Connection and data transfer between the device and the server is slower than in a fixed domain.
- The amount of cookie data that can be stored in a mobile device is limited.
- Mobile users may have to pay for each piece of transferred data.