Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
ECMAScript MP is based on ECMAScript defined by ECMA 262 (Supported with minor exceptions).
It is also a superset of WMLScript, the script language used in conjuntion with WML. ECMAScript MP replaces key scripting functionalities lost in conversion from WML to XHTML. ECMAScript MP also supports all functionality found in WMLScript.
With ESMP, you can:
- Check the validity of user input data (forms validation).
- Apply mathematic and procedural logic locally to the input data.
- Providing access to the facilities of the device.
- Generate messages and dialogs locally without server interaction.
- Dynamic creation and/or modification of documents on the client using DOM.
- With some browsers you can make asynchronous calls to the server using AJAX technology.
- Acces to proprietary functional interfaces, like local facilities, local persistent store, Phonebook, bookmarks, calendar, sms, etc.