General mobile app design guidelines
Stub: This article is a stub - an "empty" article that has been requested by another wiki user.
You can help by extending the article, or by adding comments which provide part of the information required.
Suggestions for content: This article only includes a subset of reasonable design guidance. I suggest adding a number of sections and populating each section by area. Also providing links to platform specific design guidance.
- While switching to background the application should act correctly, e.g. backlight should be turned off, sounds should be paused.
- Application should pause on high priority system interrupts, like incoming call, messages.
- User should be able to switch to other applications.
- Application should be paused in case of low battery, and should give an option to save the application state and close.
- The audio level of the application should be in sync with the selected profile.
- User can resume the application smoothly after a paused state.
- Application should not behave abnormally in case the user provides a wrong input. A proper error message should be displayed to user.
- Application should not exit by its own in case of low memory condition. At least a notification should be given to the user.
- Application should handle all screen orientation properly. If it does not support landscape mode, then it should display proper message.