Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
How to Rename an Application
Sometimes while testing an application, you will find that the application didn't show up in the emulator. Symbian OS uses a UID to uniquely identify applications. Hence failure to update UID causes such kind of problems.
1. Update the generic project file .mmp. It is the last number on the UID line.
2. Update CApaApplication::AppDllUid() to return the same value.
3. Edit the resource file. Change the four letter token on the line with the NAME resource.
4. Now you'll need to update the IDE project file to reflex the changes we made to the .mmp file. With CodeWarrior, one simply imports the mmp file again.
5. Rebuild and you're ready to go.
How to change the Version of Application
For changing the version of your application you need to modify the SIS file header in your package file, the default entries in the package files are shown below.
The the first 0 denotes the major version number, the second 0 denotes minor version number and the 1 denotes the build number, you can specify your own major,minor and build number.