How to beta test your Windows Phone app
This article links to useful articles about beta testing apps on the Windows Phone platform.
Windows Phone allows you to beta test your app by distributing a customer-ready release build to a limited number of users for a limited time (before the app is submitted to DevCenter for approval). The app undergoes a small test by DevCenter and is then distributed to a list of users identified by their LiveIDs.
Beta testing is essential for a first impression of the quality of a new app. Nevertheless, regression tests with app updates can help a lot.
- Beta testing your app and in-app products (MSDN) discusses beta testing benefits and describes the process of beta submission.
- Increase your revenue with In-App Purchase on Windows Phone 8 describes the steps needed to create a beta version.
- How to create unit tests for Windows Phone with the Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework shows how you can create unit tests that can find regression bugs in you code.
- WIndows Phone: Creating and managing a beta shows how to administer a big beta with MailChimp.
- Beta testing your app and in-app products (MSDN)
- Increase your revenue with In-App Purchase on Windows Phone 8
- App deployment options for Windows Phone
- Options for publishing Windows Phone beta apps and testing in-app purchase
- Beta apps no longer expire, plus an update for the Dev Center app (Windows Phone Developer Blog)