How to pass Symbian Signed for Nokia tests
There are basically two cases when application needs to be submitted via Symbian Signed for Nokia (this is an extra testing service on top of the basic Certified Signed):
- Application is going to be embedded to Nokia device sales package.
- Application is for S60 3rd Edition or later (that has Platform Security in place) and requires some manufaturer approved, sensitive Capabilities (AllFiles, DRM, TCB).
In optimal case only one test round is needed and application can be Symbian Signed. This will save money and time as making fixes takes time and each retest round costs. These tips hopefully help you in your development and pre-testing phase when you prepare your application to Symbian Signed.
- Take the test criteria into account already when designing the application and keep it in mind throughout the whole application development process.
- Self-test the application carefully and utilize test houses' pre-certification services. For details, see article Test houses.
- Take a look at article Common failures in Symbian Signed testing. This can help you over some hurdles with the test criteria.