Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian Release Notes
General description of the release
Main new features:
- Advanced Multimedia Supplements API (JSR-234): Camera controls
- Nokia extension for Near Field Communication API (JSR-257): Logical Link Control Protocol (LLCP)
- Content Handler API (JSR-211)
List of new features
- Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian supports camera controls. For more information about the implementation, see the implementation notes for the Advanced Multimedia Supplements API.
- Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian supports the Logical Link Control Protocol (LLCP) extension for the Contactless Communication API.
- The Central Repository API allows access to the Symbian central repository. This is a Nokia-proprietary API and is available to manufacturer and operator domain MIDlets only.
- Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian supports Content Handler API 1.0.
Devices using this release
For more information about Symbian devices which use Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian, see the device specifications page on Nokia Developer web site here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/
For more information about the new features in Java Runtime 2.3 for Symbian, see Java Developer's Library.