Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
libcrypt is used for encrypting/decrypting of messages,passwords and blocks of data.
The main cryptographic functions in this lib are:
- An utility which adds, updates, dumps, or flushes Security Association Database (SAD) entries as well as Security Policy Database (SPD) entries in the kernel.
- encrypt() function encrypts and decrypts64-bit messages. The algorithm used to perform encryption/decryption is Data Encryption Standard (DES).
- The encrypt and setkey functions do not return any value.
- setkey() is invoked to set the key for the DES machine.
- If encrypt is called without priorly invoking setkey the implementation assumes a bit vector consisting of all zeroes as the key for the DES algorithm.
void encrypt (char datablock, int flag);
void setkey (const char *key);
- The crypt function performs password hashing.
- The crypt function returns a pointer to the encrypted value on success, and NULL on failure.
- Currently the implementation supports Data Encryption Standard (DES) and MD5 hash algorithms
char * crypt (const char *key, const char *salt);