Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Mobile Design Pattern: Home Screen
Home Screen, a such important first impression of a mobile device.
Few New Ideas About the Mobile Home Screen
Making the Home Screen More Personal By Knowing the User
Description: Most of the mobile phones has the same home screen how about if the mobile phone has the User Id or User Profile where he the details about the owner like.
- Driver License
- Job Description
- Native Language
- What he likes
- Favorite Food,Destination, Nightmare etc.
- If the user is a business man more Business style Desk look could be given.One touch access to emails,messages,any notification,calender,appointment,weather etc.
- If a student or college going more stylish ,music player short cuts,To do list,reminder,birthday,things which are important for a college student,whats happening around,connecting to social networks etc.
- Home screen is decided by the mobile by judging user profile or the user to has the option to customize the Mobile Desktop as it is now.
Purpose: As mobile phone is not just a phone ,its who we are.
Number of Shortcut of application is Restricted on Home Screen
Purpose: Giving the user more freedom to add application.
Full view of Home Screen WallPaper
Description: User wants the wall paper which is set on the home screen is completely visible.Because of it Window XP has the option of hiding all the icons on the desktop.This feature is missing on mobile phone of hiding icons on the home screen.
Shortcut Menu bar could also be hidden.Thus the full view of Desktop is available.
Purpose: Wallpaper set by user is completely visible without any obstruction.
Concept of Multiple Home Screen
Description: Concept of Multiple Home Screen could be introduced in Mobile.
Purpose: Giving the user more space for personalization.
Designing Application For Home Screen
Home Screen Widgets Layout Template for N97
Names, layouts and style settings of widget templates
Home Screen Comparison
|Customizable widget||yes||no||yes(from SDK 1.5)|
|Custom Command Button on Home Screen(i.e Shortcut of Application)||yes||no|
Social Interactivity Mobile Home Screen: The 5800’s contacts bar, though, recognises that some of the functions and information behind those apps are some of the most valuable on the handset, and places them at the forefont. Just by looking at the phone, user can see his/her friend’s latest Twitter tweet or Flickr photo.
- Should be Cool.
- One touch access to all important application.
- More informative.
- More customizable.