Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
NightFlash LED flashlight in QML - app showcase
Night Flash is a LED flash light tool written using Qt Quick Components. This article explains the main elements of the app design.
Hi, I am Jacky (a device driver engineer). I want to write a APP about using phone's LED flash light. I am not familiar to create beautiful UI, so I need a tool to help me quickly to build a suitable UI. Few month ago, I find QML language and it is very easy to let me design the UI. I start to use QML to finish my Night Flash APP UI, and use C++ (QDeclarativeItem) to finish the logic and LED control.
Night Flash is a LED flash light tool. (QML UI + C++ code with QDeclarativeItem. StatusBar + PageStack + ToolBar)
Four function pages let you easy to use different LED function. (mainPage create TabBar/TabGroup with 4 Page)
Provide toolbar and menu to select other Page. ( 1. ToolBarLayout/ToolButton to create toolbar menu select in mainPage. 2. Menu/MenuLayout/MenuItem to create the menu-item that can be clicked).
Support shake phone or press volume-key to enable/disable LED function.
- C++ part get the phone-shake or volume-key press, and then send a signal to QML UI.
- The shakeModeSettingPage/volumeKeySettingPage height is larger than phone's height pixels, but you can use Flickable component to let it be flickable.
Custom components instead
I almost use the Qt Quick Components. Only a few specific images that need be re-created/re-modified. For example ShakeModeImage/VolumeKeyImage: when user press this icon, change the background image to blue and give a ThemeEffect (Let it fit the similar Qt Quick Components.)
- The four tab-pages need fill with black Rectangle. If use Item instead, seems sometimes have ghost-image.
- I want to get the Slider press-release event. Slider send onValueChanged signal every time when value changed, but I want to get the final value when press-release. I add MouseArea outside. MouseArea do the following thing to get
- drag.filterChildren: true
- check onCanceled and onPositionChanged signal.
- I use 4 tab-pages, so the APP startup seems slowly. Maybe need more powerful hardware with GPU support?!
Get Night Flash from Nokia Store
Only works for Nokia Belle. (Nokia 700/701/C6-01/C7-00/Oro/X7-00/E6-00):
- Fixed web browser: http://store.ovi.com/content/234198
- Nokia mobile browser: http://store.ovi.mobi/content/234198
Note: This is an entry in the Symbian Qt Quick Components Competition 2012Q1