Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Nokia Asha Web Apps - Run your app on device
This article explains how to deploy a Series 40 web app onto a device.
- Bluetooth must be installed and enabled in the computer.
- Nokia Browser for Series 40 must be installed in the device and you should check that it can access the internet.
- The default internet connection of the device must not be set the WAP, it should be set to internet.
- IF you are getting any error (006) while trying to connect through Nokia Browser for Series 40 please check the internet connection of the device.
Running Your App On The Device
When your application is running fine on Emulator and you want to deploy it on the device, then follow the steps
- Using a Series 40 device and a computer with the Nokia Web Development Environment (WDE) installed, verify that the Bluetooth connections on both devices are enabled and allowing discovery. Test the settings by pairing the devices together. (To do this from the device, go to Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth, Paired Devices, and Add a New Device.)
- Find and note your Series 40 device’s name by going to Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth, and My phone’s name.
- Make sure that Nokia Browser for Series 40 is installed on the device. Then verify that you can access the Internet through this browser.
- Download the Bluetooth Launcher and unzip the content.
- Using a USB cable, install the Bluetooth launcher client on your device by side-loading the JAD and JAR files. Look for files named BluetoothLauncher.jad and BluetoothLauncher.jar. On the phone, you can place the files in Received Files, Games, or Collections.
- Open the Games folder and click on the Bluetooth launcher. You should see a message that reads “Bluetooth Connection Successful.”
- Close the Bluetooth launcher and return to the phone’s home screen. Note: You can only see the Bluetooth connection request (initiated in the WDE) from the home screen of the Series 40 device.
- In the WDE, right-click on the project name and select Deployment Settings. Then:
- Click Web Runtime in the resulting dialog box.
- Click Deployment, then Device.
- Click Search and wait for the drop-down box to populate.
- Select your device name, press Apply and then click on OK.
- Now you are ready to send your Web app URL to the Bluetooth launcher client on the Series 40 device. In the WDE, right-click the project name and then click Deploy Web app. Your application should open in the device.
- Once you close Nokia Browser for Series 40 the app will get close automatically, to re-launch the app open the Nokia Browser for Series 40 ->Favorite->Web you will see a link to your app.