Nokia X services SDK release notes
Nokia X services SDK release notes for all published versions.
Nokia X services SDK 2.0
June 24th 2014
The Nokia X services SDK 2.0 provides a development, testing and debugging environment for developing apps based on Nokia X software platform 2.0. Nokia X software platform 2.0 is built on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) v4.3, which supports API level 18. Nokia X services SDK includes an emulator, Nokia X service APIs for HERE maps, Nokia Notifications and Nokia In-App Payment, Nokia X Device Definitions and a Nokia X USB driver.
- Nokia X services SDK 2.0 installer supports both Nokia X software platform 1.1 and Nokia X software platform 2.0.
- Nokia X services updated for Nokia X software platform 2.0.
- Code samples updated for Nokia X software platform 2.0
- Enhanced look and feel of the Nokia X Analyser plug-in.
- New Device Definition added for the Nokia X2 device.
- x86 and ARM system images are included.
- Opera Browser is integrated in the emulator.
- Nokia X System Image is now "Nokia X software platform 1.1".
- When you install Nokia X services SDK 2.0 on top of Nokia X services SDK 1.1, you can still see the old "Nokia X System Image" name appearing during the update. After the installation, this is updated to "Nokia X software platform 1.1 ".
- Existing AVDs fail to launch after a fresh install or update of the Nokia X services SDK 2.0. If you encounter this issue, ensure that you delete the existing AVDs and recreate them.
- On Mac OS when you try to install Nokia X services SDK 2.0, depending on your security settings, you might get an error message displaying "Nokia X services SDK cannot be opened because it is from unidentified developer". If this happens, go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and under Allow applications downloaded from, select Anywhere. Then launch the installer again.
Nokia X Services SDK 1.1
April 29th 2014
Terms and condition changes for the following:
- Nokia X services SDK - http://tools.nokia.com/nokia-x/repository/addon.xml)
- Nokia X services SDK offline Installer (Windows, MAC, and Linux - 64bit).
- Nokia X Eclipse Extensions.
- Android Studio - Nokia X Code Samples plug-in.
- Nokia X - Code Samples.
- Support for setting aliases for In-app Purchase Product IDs in Publish tool - allows developers easier reuse of In-app Purchase items created for other versions of their app.
- HERE reference libraries updated. The following reference wrapper libraries with new namespaces are added for enabling one APK package strategy with HERE and Google Maps v1/v2:
- HERE v1 - <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\libs\here\com.nokia.android.maps.jar
- HERE v2 - <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\libs\here\nokia-x-here-maps-wrapper-v2
- Support One APK strategy for HERE Maps and Google Maps.
- Updated Nokia In-App Payment enabler.
- Support One APK for Nokia In-App Payment and Google Billing.
- Added the following samples:
- Updated the sample: <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\samples\niap\PepperFarmSimulatorPepperFarmSimulator
- Repository-based install/update for Android Studio - Nokia X Code Samples plug-in.
- The build target is now changed to "Nokia X System Image (4.1.2)".
- Add-on manufacturer is now changed to "Nokia", which was earlier "Unknown".
- Nokia X Eclipse Extensions are now signed.
- Android Studio sample plug-in support for Linux and Mac.
- Nokia X Code Samples now include a Readme.html file.
- Nokia X Analyser (offline) text updates.
Nokia Services SDK 1.0
February 24th 2014