Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Nokia X services SDK release notes
Nokia X services SDK release notes for all published versions.
Nokia X services SDK 2.0
June 24th 2014
The Nokia X services SDK 2.0 provides a development, testing and debugging environment for developing apps based on Nokia X software platform 2.0. Nokia X software platform 2.0 is built on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) v4.3, which supports API level 18. Nokia X services SDK includes an emulator, Nokia X service APIs for HERE maps, Nokia Notifications and Nokia In-App Payment, Nokia X Device Definitions and a Nokia X USB driver.
- Nokia X services SDK 2.0 installer supports both Nokia X software platform 1.1 and Nokia X software platform 2.0.
- Nokia X services updated for Nokia X software platform 2.0.
- Code samples updated for Nokia X software platform 2.0
- Enhanced look and feel of the Nokia X Analyser plug-in.
- New Device Definition added for the Nokia X2 device.
- x86 and ARM system images are included.
- Opera Browser is integrated in the emulator.
- Nokia X System Image is now "Nokia X software platform 1.1".
- When you install Nokia X services SDK 2.0 on top of Nokia X services SDK 1.1, you can still see the old "Nokia X System Image" name appearing during the update. After the installation, this is updated to "Nokia X software platform 1.1 ".
- Existing AVDs fail to launch after a fresh install or update of the Nokia X services SDK 2.0. If you encounter this issue, ensure that you delete the existing AVDs and recreate them.
- On Mac OS when you try to install Nokia X services SDK 2.0, depending on your security settings, you might get an error message displaying "Nokia X services SDK cannot be opened because it is from unidentified developer". If this happens, go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and under Allow applications downloaded from, select Anywhere. Then launch the installer again.
Nokia X Services SDK 1.1
April 29th 2014
Terms and condition changes for the following:
- Nokia X services SDK offline Installer (Windows, MAC, and Linux - 64bit).
- Nokia X Eclipse Extensions.
- Android Studio - Nokia X Code Samples plug-in.
- Nokia X - Code Samples.
- Support for setting aliases for In-app Purchase Product IDs in Publish tool - allows developers easier reuse of In-app Purchase items created for other versions of their app.
- HERE reference libraries updated. The following reference wrapper libraries with new namespaces are added for enabling one APK package strategy with HERE and Google Maps v1/v2:
- HERE v1 - <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\libs\here\com.nokia.android.maps.jar
- HERE v2 - <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\libs\here\nokia-x-here-maps-wrapper-v2
- Support One APK strategy for HERE Maps and Google Maps.
- Updated Nokia In-App Payment enabler.
- Support One APK for Nokia In-App Payment and Google Billing.
- Added the following samples:
- Updated the sample: <android-sdk>\extras\nokia\nokia_x_services\samples\niap\PepperFarmSimulatorPepperFarmSimulator
- Repository-based install/update for Android Studio - Nokia X Code Samples plug-in.
- The build target is now changed to "Nokia X System Image (4.1.2)".
- Add-on manufacturer is now changed to "Nokia", which was earlier "Unknown".
- Nokia X Eclipse Extensions are now signed.
- Android Studio sample plug-in support for Linux and Mac.
- Nokia X Code Samples now include a Readme.html file.
- Nokia X Analyser (offline) text updates.
Nokia Services SDK 1.0
February 24th 2014