Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Open C Sockets Overview
Following are the generic functions for socket interface such as sending and receiving messages from a socket.
- connect -- Initiates a connection on a socket
- getpeername -- Gets name of connected peer socket
- listen -- Listens for connections on a socket
- recv -- Receives a message from a socket
- send -- Sends a message from a socket
- recvfrom -- Receives a message from a socket
- sendto -- Sends a message from a socket
- shutdown -- Brings the system down
- socket -- Creates an endpoint for communication
- bind -- Bash built-in commands
- getsockname -- Gets socket name
- getsockopt -- Gets options on sockets
- setsockopt -- Sets options on sockets
And following are some of the namespaces used in Open C Socket Interface:
- if_freenameindex -- Free memory allocated by if_nameindex
- if_indextoname -- Maps a network interface index to its corresponding name
- if_nameindex -- Returns all network interface names and indexes
- if_nametoindex -- Maps a network interface name to its corresponding index
A 3rd-party application needs the NetworkServices capabilities in order to use socket interface functions.
libc.lib should be linked while using the above functions and sys/socket.h should be included.