Opera Widget porting example - Chinese Abacus
This is an example of porting a Opera Widget to Nokia WRT using the guide found here. The example widget will be a Chinese Abacus widget.
1. Download the .zip package
The Chinese Abacus zip package can be found by following this link.
2. Unzip the Chinese Abacus widget archive
The archive needs to be unzipped to make modifications to its contents, so go ahead and extract it.
3. Create info.plist manifest file
When installing a .wgz file the system looks for a manifest file called info.plist. The Opera Widget equivalent is called config.xml.
Here's how to use the Opera Widget config.xml data to create the WRT manifest file:
- Download and unzip this info.plist template file and save it in the widget's root directory.
- Open the widgets config.xml file and find the <widgetname> element. Copy the text found within the element and paste it into the <DisplayName> element of the info.plist file.
- Add the <Identifier> as a random integer 30 digits long.
- Add the <MainHTML> as index.html.
- Leave <AllowNetworkAccess> as </true>.
- Save the file.
Re-zip the containing Chinese Abacus folder and change the file extension from .zip to .wgz.
Upload the widget to your mobile device and install. Here is an example of the ported widget. Remember to change the extension to .wgz before installing.