Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Phonon Helix plug-in fixes for Symbian^3 devices
This package fixes the following Qt multimedia issues detected on the first sales firmware of the Nokia N8 (011.012):
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-13952 - Regression: Phonon fails to play mp3 on latest N8 FW
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-14317 - Audio in qmediaplayer demo app from NokiaQtSDK 1.0.1 doesn't work on the N8
Supported media formats
The following media formats are supported on Symbian^3 devices with Phonon:
- Mpeg 4
Note that open source formats (such as OGG, Theora, MKV) are not supported.
Applying the fix into your application
The fix will be deployed to the applications using the Nokia Smart Installer: when an end-user installs an application, all dependencies of the application are checked, retrieved, and installed from the Smart Installer server.
To add the Phonon fix dependency into the package file of your project, perform the following steps:
1. Unzip the attached File:Phononfix.zip and copy the phononfix.prf file into the mkspecs\features directory of your SDK:
- For the Nokia Qt SDK: C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs\features directory
- For the Symbian^3 SDK: C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\tools\qt\mkspecs\features directory
2. Add the phononfix configuration into the .pro or .mmp project file of all application projects that need the fix:
CONFIG += phononfix
This will ensure that the generated *_template.pkg file includes a declared dependency on the Helix engine update SIS file.
3. Create the installation package according to the Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian instructions.
File:Phononfix.zip package that contains the phononfix.prf file for the SDK and the Helix_NG_Engine.sis installation package for developers for testing purposes.