Preferences and Diagnostics Menu Options cannot be opened on a number of Symbian SDK Emulators (Known Issue)
The Preferences and Diagnostics Menu Options fail to open on the Emulator that comes with the Symbian SDKs.
When selecting either the Preferences or the Diagnostics Menu options, under Tools, the system shows that it is loading, but eventually fails to open the respective Menus.
How to reproduce
The issue was identified in a System with the following configuration:
- Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit
- Java version 7 (build 1.7.0-b147)
- Perl version 5.6.1
In order to reproduce this error follow these steps:
- Launch the Emulator from Start > All Programs > Nokia/S60 Developer Tool > [Platform name] > [Version name] > Emulator
- Wait until the Emulator is launched.
- Select Tools > Preferences
- Select Tools > Diagnostics
The Preferences and Diagnostics Menu do not appear.
The Preferences and Diagnostics Menu should appear.
This error affects the following Symbian SDKs and their Emulators:
- Nokia Nokia Belle SDK v1.0
- Nokia Symbian3 SDk v.10
- S60 5th Edition SDK v1.0
- S60 3rd Edition FP2 SDK v1.1
No known solution is available