Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
QtMobility Contacts:How to enable runtime debug messages on maemo5
This article show how to enable runtime debug messages on Maemo 5. Runtime messages help developers to understand what's going on inside the backend.
Switch on the debug messages
To enable the debug messages you have to
- Open a terminal on your device
- Set any value for the QCONTACT_MAEMO5_DEBUG environment variable.
- export QCONTACT_MAEMO5_DEBUG=1
- Run the application in the terminal where you set the variable
- run-standalone.sh ./myapps
Switch off the debug messages
- Clean the QCONTACT_MAEMO5_DEBUG var
- export QCONTACT_MAEMO5_DEBUG=
- Run your application as before
If a bug is found, debug messages should be added when the bug description is filed in the Qt Bug Tracker.