Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
RTP is "Real-Time Transport Protocol" which provides end to end network transport sevices in real-time.It provides real-time data transport for services like web conferencing,video,voice etc.RTP is mainly built on UDP(User Datagram Protocol).
RTP protocol can be used for an end-to-end or one-to-many kind of services.
The quality of service provided my RTP can be monitored by RTCP(RTP Control Protocol).
The RTP API provides functionality to do the below steps:
- Create and manage an RTP session
- RRtpSession session; //Construct a new RTP session object
- session.OpenL(); //Opens an RTP session and initializes it
- Register for and handle events
- Access an RTP packet
- Create a send stream
- RRtpSendSource manages the creation and sending of RTP packets. Basically, an RTP session can have only one send stream.
- Manage an RTP packet
- Create a receive stream
- RRtpReceivePacket is derived from RRtpPacket and provides a handle to a received RTP packet.
- Manage the RTCP packets and reports
- Manage the send and receive reports