Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Reading IMEI in 3rd edition -Synchronously
IMEI stands for "International Mobile Equipment Identity". There is a frequent use of reading IMEI in mobile phone development. People generally use IMEI for license/full version support of an application.
class CIMEIApp : public CActive
static void GetIMEI(TDes& aIMEI);
These are the pure virtual methods from CActive that
MUST be implemented by all active objects
void CIMEIApp::GetIMEI(TDes& aIMEI)
CIMEIApp* self= new (ELeave) CIMEIApp(aIMEI);
iTelephony = CTelephony::NewL();
CIMEIApp:: CIMEIApp(TDes& imei): CActive(EPriorityStandard),IMEI(imei),iPhoneIdV1Pckg(iPhoneIdV1)
iTelephony = NULL;
Now do the following steps:
1) Create a sample "Hello World" type application.
2) Put IMEIApp.h file in your application's inc folder.
3) Put IMEIApp.cpp file in your application's src folder.
4) Open .mmp file and add entry SOURCE IMEIApp.cpp.
5) Open .mmp file and add entry LIBRARY etel3rdparty.lib.
7) Now you need to include following header in your class to read IMEI:
#include "IMEIApp.h". Let's say in for e.g.: "CYrAppUi.h"
8) You can then call the static function from any of your Commands.
For ex: in your CYrAppUi.h you need to include "IMEIApp.h"
And Call it like:
CAknInformationNote* informationNote = new (ELeave) CAknInformationNote;
- IMEI on Wikipedia
- Online tool to analyze IMEI
- Get the IMEI, IMSI, CellId etc., synchronously on 3.x devices (Blog no longer available, content reproduced below:)