Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
S60 5th Edition Widget Support
S60 5th Edition
What is Widget
- Refer Web Apps, which is really good article which discuss everything you need to know about Widgets.
Whats in S60 5th Edition for Widgets
- S60 5th Edition SDK v0.9 supports Web Run-Time.
- S60 5th Edition SDK v0.9 also supports the Web Run-Time environment and networking functionality for developing and testing widgets in the emulator.
- In S60 5th Edition, Widgets can be accessed and launched as independent applications on a device and emulator using the Application Manager.
- Widgets access the network through the Web Browser for S60.
- In S60 5th Edition, Widgets also have access to following API's :
- Calendar Service API
- Landmarks Service API
- Location Service API
- Application Manager Service API
- System Info API
- Messaging (SMS, MMS) API
- Multimedia (media gallery) API
- Contacts API
- Sensor API
S60 5th Edition SDK comes with Examples on Widgets which are located under S60WidgetExamples folder
Widget related Links: