Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
S60 Platform Services
This article outlines the platform services available to S60 5th Edition (and later) Symbian WebRuntime widgets.
Symbian Web Runtime widgets (starting from 5th edition) can:
- access and launch applications on a device using the AppManager Service API
- access and manage calendar information using the Calendar Service API
- access and manage information about contacts using the Contacts Service API
- access and manage information about landmarks using the Landmarks Service API
- access device logging events using the Logging Service API
- access device location information and perform location-based calculations using the Location Service API
- access information about media files stored on a device using the Media Management Service API
- send, retrieve, and manage messages such as SMS and MMS using the Messaging Service API
- access data from the physical sensors of a device using the Sensors Service API
- access and modify system information on a device using the SystemInfo Service API of WRT 1.1
- access system information and control certain device features using the SystemInfo Service API of WRT 1.0