Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
This wiki wants to keep track of tools that help to easily create a mobile friendly sites. These tools are not intended for professional developers but they can speed up the work considerably. For example, a site can be created quickly with mobisitegalore, and then the developer can improve the php file.
1. mobisitegalore from Akmin
Features include custom forms, payment, insert audio/video, driving directions, click to call, auto redirect to PC site, on-line Image editor, tell a friend, google search, google news, search engine optimization, save to phonebook, Google AdSense & AdMob for mobile advertising, Mobile RSS for content syndication, Support for ASP & PHP for building websites with dynamic content and SMS & Email Invitations for site announcements. Payment can be made with Bango, Paypal or Google check out and is particularly interesting as it allows selling all kind of content. In addition mobisitegalore is used by a number of registrars (e.g. network solution) and operators (Sprint).
2. Zinadoo from Nubiq
Features include sending SMS to friends to inform them of your mobile site, buying a dotMobi name, interaction widgets, mobile-SEO, mobile advertising, mobile web directory listings, fully hosted service, RSS support and advanced developer features for site creation. They have a fun approach electing a site of the month (getting a free dotMobi name) and showing most popular sites (number one has almost 3500 visits, number two site has 3000 visits). In addition they have Beta version of:
- creating a mobile friendly web site from the phone (you can create many pages, but only with text at the moment). Check it at: http://www.zinadoo.com/mobile/
- Search: To search the sites created with zinadoo
The dotMobi has licenced the mobisitegalore tool and offers it under site.mobi. No hosting is offered contrary to mobisitegalore.
4. Winksite from Wireless Ink
This service is dotMobi compliant and has a strong social networking emphasis. It generates shotcode and QR codes. It supports advertising from Google AdSense or Admob, chat, forums, surveys. It also has possibility to advertise the site with Build traffic with "Send to Phone", site widgets, and site announcement tools, as well as search engine optimization. And it can be integrated with your Blog, Twitter, Jaiku, & Upcoming feeds.
5. Mobilikey the social networker version. MobiliKey is a mobile social network and mobile videos clips sharing community for mobile users to create and build mobile websites, mobile chat, mobile videos, mobile movie clips, create and view personal mobile profiles, advertise and network through its mobile communities.
6. mobizcard to develop professional dotmobi compliant mobile web site. It supports editing the site from a mobile, google maps, SMS functionality, mobile adwords, RSS feeds, vCard. It also sells .mobi names.
mob5 is a service where everyone can create their own mobile space. This product is offered free of charge with the proviso that mob5 may insert a small advertising banner, or alternatively ad-free for a yearly subscription which will also allow you to create larger and more complex web pages. They have a white label option, as well as a professional option called pro5.
8. WebSite Tonight from godaddy
Website Tonight is the creator tool used by the registrar Godaddy. This tool is mainly oriented for PC site but also offers Dotmobi compliant templates. http://gowebsite.com/WebsiteTonight.html
9. mobilizer from Volantis
mobilizer is described in detailled in http://dev.mobi/node/638. The nice feature is that the mobile site can be created from scratch or import the PC site as a basis. Then, it may import certain content dynamically from the PD site avoiding double maintenance. And it seems to inherit Volantis capability to recognise and adapt to the mobile.
This company offers web site creator and publisher tool. The particularity is that it incorporates a .mobi publisher that automatically creates the mobile friendly site using the main site. However, it does not seem to have mobile specific goodies like click to call, save to phone book, insert mobile ads…
This site proposes a tool to put up a mobile site in hours. It has built-in device recognition and is more oriented for professional use. The developer has to learn a new language BiscuitML. They have templates based on MMA recommendation. That is not a service for consumer and is only mentioned for reference.
12. mobilemo This site creator in Beta version is another free tool with a social networking flavor. It provides a premium option with no ads, as well as support for a bigger site. The interesting side is that propose view the mobile site on the PC site through an emulator.
13. mofuse This free Beta version site creator propose revenue sharing for advertisement. As a nice feature they provide a widgets to be placed on PC site to advertise the .mobi site by SMS.