Status code not sent when cancelling MIDlet download (Known Issue)
Status code 902 (User Cancelled) is not sent when user cancels MIDlet installation.
According to MIDP 2.0 and 2.1 specifications, status code 902 (User Cancelled) will be posted if MIDlet installation is cancelled.
However, with S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 and S60 5th Edition devices, the defined status code is not sent.
How to reproduce
- Download OTA a MIDlet which includes MIDlet-Install-Notify for the URL of the receiver server to catch the status code.
- Accept the resulting prompts ('Download and install file?', possible security warnings in case of an unsigned MIDlet), and choose the installing location (Phone memory, Memory card). A process indicator will be displayed once the installation starts.
- Press the right softkey to cancel the installation before it is completed.
- The phone should send status code 902 to the URL defined in JAD. For the affected devices, this does not happen.
- For comparison, repeat the test with steps 1.-2. without cancelling the download (step 3). If the download succeeds, the phone will send status code 900 (Success).
This issue is expected to be fixed in future software versions.