Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Talk:App Notifications on WP8 Lock Screen
Chintandave er - Reviewed !
Hi Aady, Thanks for this article. I have sub-edited and reviewed.
I have some suggestions for this which can help you to improve this article and make it more valuable for this contest.
- This article is referenced from MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj207048(v=vs.105).aspx. So you should make this article more by creating demo application which get some news using RSS and show it in lock screen.
- You can attach source code of your current demo to this article.
- You haven't shown 'Creating a lock screen icon in your article' as shown in referenced MSDN article. You can explain more than MSDN and also implemented in demo source code.
- You haven't shown Linking the lock screen settings screen from within your app in your article as shown in referenced MSDN article.
- You haven't shown screen shot of Lock screen notification. You should include this.
- As I told above, you can create a real life app using this functionality.
Anyway, this is some suggestions to improve the value of your article and help you to compete in Windows Phone 8 contest. It you up to you to follow or not.
Thanks again, Chintan Dave.
Aady - Thanks for the review
Thanks for your feedback. Will try to add to add your suggestions.
22:01, 15 December 2012 (EET)