Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Talk:Get EXIF GPS data to use it in QML
Hamishwillee - Feedback
Thank you for this article - I think ability to get the information is quite useful, and I didn't know there was a Symbian C++ library for this.
- The pattern you're using here to abstract the Symbian detail is called PIMPL. Its probably worth saying this, and possibly linking to Using Qt and Symbian C++ Together for further examples (as a SeeAlso)
- In your implementation you've called "QT_TRYCATCH_LEAVING(emit iPublicAPI.gpsPosition(error,m_longitude,m_latitude);)" however there is no signal gpsPosition in the public API.
- In your main item you've declared ExifItem but there is no implementation information. There is no information on how this plugin is made available to QML. There is no information on how this is used.
- Is GPS information always in the same format? Does anything special need to be done
- It is worth linking to references you use - in this case a link to the Symbian library and any guide on using it in the API reference.
- The example is not mentioned until the last section - it just looks a bit odd like that.
09:41, 16 May 2012 (EEST)
Jupaavola - Thanks for feedbackHeavy editing
14:23, 22 May 2012 (EEST)